The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking a Cyber Defense Analyst - Level 2 to support a Government contract in the Annapolis Junction, MD area.
THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD
SECURITY REQUIREMENT: TS/SCI w/Full Scope Poly
- Uses information collected from a variety of sources to monitor network activity and analyze it for evidence of anomalous behavior. Identifies, triages, and reports events that occur in order to protect data, information systems, and infrastructure.
- Finds trends, patterns, or anomaly correlations utilizing security-relevant data. Recommends proactive security measures.
- Conducts analysis to isolate indicators of compromise.
- Notify designated managers, cyber incident responders, and cybersecurity service provider team member of suspected cyber incidents and articulate the event’s history, status, and potential impact for further action in accordance with the organization’s cyber incident response plan.
- Use cyber defense tools to monitor, detect, analyze, categorize, and perform initial triage of anomalous activity.
- Generate cybersecurity cases (including event’s history, status, and potential impact for further action) and route as appropriate.
- Leverage knowledge of commonly used network protocols and detection methods to defend against related abuses.
- Apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- Perform advanced manual analysis to hunt previously unidentified threats.
- Conduct PCAP analysis.
- Identify cyber-attack phases based on knowledge of common attack vectors and network layers, models and protocols.
- Apply techniques for detecting host-and network-based intrusions.
- Working knowledge of enterprise-level network intrusion detection/prevention systems and firewall capabilities.
- Understand the foundations of a hardened windows network and what native services and protocols are subject to abuse (such as RDP, Kerberos, NTLM, WMI, and SMB).(U) Familiarity with fragmentation of network traffic and how to detect and evaluate fragmentation related attacks in raw packet captures.
- Conduct network –traffic, protocol and packet-level –and netflow analysis for anomalous values that may be security-relevant using appropriate tools (such as Wireshark, tshark, tcpdump).
- Understand snort filters and how they are crafted and tuned to feed IDS alerting.
- Understand system and application security threats and vulnerabilities to include buffer overflow, SQL injection, race conditions, covert channel, replay and return-oriented attacks, malicious code and malicious scripting.
- Analyze malicious activity to determine weaknesses exploited, exploitation methods, effects on system and information.
- Perform event correlation using information gathered from a variety of sources within the enterprise to gain situational awareness and determine the effectiveness of an observed attack.
- Familiar with indications of Command and Control (C2) channels and what strategies attackers use to bypass enterprise defenses from a compromised host.
- Four (4) years of demonstrated experience as CDA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity required. A technical bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two (2) years of CDA experience on projects of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- One (1) year of demonstrated and practical experience in TCP/IP fundamentals.(U) One (1) year of demonstrated experience with network traffic analysis tools such as Bricata, tcpdump or Wireshark.
- Two (2) years of demonstrated experience using security information and event management suites (such as Splunk, ArcSight, Kibana, LogRhythm).
- Two (2) years of demonstrated experience in network analysis and threat analysis software utilization.
- Requires DoD 8570 compliance with CSSP Analyst baseline certification, Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level I or Level II certification, and Computing Environment (CE) certification. The CE certification requirements can be fulfilled with either Microsoft OS, Cent OS/Red Hat OS CE certifications.
- Requires DoD 8570 compliance with CSSP Analyst baseline certification, Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification (Security+ CE), and Computing Environment (CE) certification. The CE certification requirements can be fulfilled with either Microsoft OS, Cent OS/Red Hat OS CE certifications.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!