The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking a Continuous Monitoring Specialist - Level 2 to support a Government contract in the Annapolis Junction, MD area.
THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD
SECURITY REQUIREMENT: TS/SCI w/Full Scope Poly
- Monitors information system networks to validate configuration status, using information readily available through automated support tools and implemented security controls, to support organizational risk management decisions.
- Maintains situational awareness, provides risk impact, and makes recommendations to CSSP Watch decision-makers and system owners regarding compliance, cybersecurity posture, enclave and network accesses, hygiene, vulnerability, and unmitigated risks.
- Consults with configuration managers to compare real-time information system metrics and values with established baselines and controls.
- Records and reports assessments of scheduled and unscheduled outages and tracks status of information system life-cycle milestones (installation; connectivity; online/offline; removal).
- Validate on-line endpoint devices compliance with security configuration standards using automated tools and software applications.
- Verify asset/device identity using networkmapping and system anomaly detection tools
- Track routine system behavior, hygiene, and maintenance to discern abnormalities which can indicate an event requiring further investigation.
- Maintain a real-time, automated, network inventory to support compliance decisions and cybersecurity (information security) posture verification.
- Provide hygiene status of IT assets (software and/or hardware).(U) Confer with operators, system administrators, ISSEs, ISSOs, and system owners to confirm or refute false positives.
- Provide analysis and graphical presentations of collected metrics for compliance status reporting.
- Identify process improvements to current Continuous Monitoring policies and procedures.
- Two (2) years of demonstrated experience in any of the following: network analysis, threat analysis software utilization, and/or systems security management.
- Requires DoD 8570 compliance with CSSP Auditor baseline certification, Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II or Level III certification, and Computing Environment (CE) certification.The CE certification requirements can be fulfilled with either Microsoft OS, Cent OS/Red Hat OS CE certifications.
- Requires successful completion of the Splunk software training course "Fundamentals 1"
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!