The Kenya-Trusant Group is hiring an Operational Planner to join our team supporting DHS CISA Integrated Operations Division (IOD). CISA's mission is to lead the national effort to protect and enhance the resilience of the nation’s physical and cyber infrastructure. The Operational Planner must have proven experience as a planner and writer with either civilian government or military experience. Operational Plans experience includes: the planning process and workflows; development and maintenance of operational documentation; excellent writing and technical editing skills; and, demonstrated experience writing communications for executive senior leadership.
- Provides operational planning support to CISA/IOD based on priorities established by senior leadership.
- Develops and interprets policies, procedures, and strategies governing the planning and coordination of cyber defense operations.
- Assists in the research, development, maintenance, and revision of whole-of-nation cyber defense plans to address risks and facilitate coordinated action.
- Authors internal plans, annexes, SOPs, and other operational planning products.
- Coordinates and collaborates with CISA senior leadership and SMEs; Federal Interagency partners; the private sector; state, local, tribal, and territorial government representatives; and other key stakeholders to develop and revise operational planning documents.
- Provides advice, guidance, and recommendations to leadership on critical cyber operational issues that significantly influence important agency policies and programs.
- Shares insight to shape joint understanding of challenges and opportunities for cyber defense.
- Supports joint exercises to improve cyber defense operations.
- Serves as IOD’s liaison and primary point of contact with CISA’s Cybersecurity Division and the Joint Cyber Defense Collaborative.
- Implements standard project management principles, including developing plans and schedules, estimating resource requirements, defining milestones and deliverables, monitoring activities, and evaluating and reporting on accomplishments.
- Organizes and facilitates IOD and CISA working groups and planning teams.
- Participates in task forces, working groups, and other planning teams to support department and interagency planning initiatives.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Must have Secret clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience required.
- Experience writing, editing, and evaluating operational planning documents with a civilian government agency or military service.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and effective communications for executive senior leadership.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively in a diverse small team environment to produce high quality results under tight deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and manage and/or support multiple projects concurrently.
- Knowledge and understanding of federal authorities related to all-hazards planning, national preparedness, federal response and recovery operations, and critical infrastructure protection.
- Familiarity with planning processes and workflows, including the DHS Plan Development Process, National Planning System, Joint Operation Planning and Execution System, and/or Joint Publication 5-0.
- Familiar working with technical professionals and other SMEs.
- Strong meeting coordination and facilitation skills.