The Kenya-Trusant Group is hiring a Trainer to join our team supporting DHS CISA Integrated Operations Division (IOD). CISA's mission is to lead the national effort to protect and enhance the resilience of the nation’s physical and cyber infrastructure. The Trainer works to identify, develop, and execute training focused on ensuring workforce awareness and understanding of roles and responsibilities outlined in internal operations plans.
- Assists in the research, development, maintenance, and execution of internally focused training.
- Writes and edits training plans and related documentation.
- Supports development and maintenance of multi-year training plan.
- Produces reports, briefings, talking points, and other information products.
- Prepares and presents training to test and validates contingency and crisis action plans.
- Provides input to training annexes/appendices in broader organizational plans, templates, and standard operating procedures.
- Thorough understanding of standard approaches to curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and measurement of training effects.
- Knowledge of principles of emergency management, emergency management training requirements and protocols, and current nationwide trends.
- Ensures close synchronization between CISA divisions and mission support organizations, and with DHS headquarters and the Federal Emergency Management Agency, on training and exercise initiatives.
- Develops training and exercise annexes/appendices for CISA plans, templates, and standard operating procedures, as well as CISA-specific input to national-level exercise planning documents, to facilitate the integration of all CISA divisions into an Agency-wide training/exercise environment.
- Supports CISA incident management activities, as requested (including staffing crisis action planning teams and task forces overnight and on weekends depending on the needs of the incident).
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Must have current Secret clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience required.
- Experience with the use of presentation graphics, multi-media devices, and computer-based training software and applications.
- Experience supporting federal government clients.
- Ability to manage competing tasks.
- Easily works within and across teams.
- Familiar working with technical professionals and other SMEs.
- Strong meeting coordination and facilitation skills.