The Kenya-Trusant Group is hiring an Exercise Planner to join our team supporting DHS CISA Integrated Operations Division (IOD). CISA's mission is to lead the national effort to protect and enhance the resilience of the nation’s physical and cyber infrastructure.
- Provides training and exercise support to CISA/IOD based on priorities established by leadership.
- Assists in the research, development, maintenance, and execution of training and exercises.
- Writes and edits training and exercise plans and related documentation.
- Coordinates development and maintenance of CISA multi-year training and exercise plan.
- Leads the development of after-action reports on CISA/IOD exercises and real-world operations.
- Produces reports, briefings, talking points, and other information products.
- Assists other CISA divisions/subdivisions in achieving their training/exercise goals and objectives.
- Works closely with stakeholders at all CISA organizational levels to integrate the training and exercise program into routine operations.
- Prepares and presents training and exercise products that test and validate CISA and IOD operations plans at the national, Agency, and division levels.
- Ensures close synchronization between CISA divisions and mission support organizations, and with DHS headquarters and the Federal Emergency Management Agency, on training and exercise initiatives.
- Develops training and exercise annexes/appendices for CISA plans, templates, and standard operating procedures, as well as CISA-specific input to national-level exercise planning documents, to facilitate the integration of all CISA divisions into an Agency-wide training/exercise environment.
- Supports CISA incident management activities, as requested (including staffing crisis action planning teams and task forces overnight and on weekends depending on the needs of the incident).
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Must have Secret clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience required.
- Experience as a training and exercise developer, planner, and writer with a civilian government agency or military service, including training and exercise planning process/workflows and development and publication of training and exercise documentation.
- Understanding of the guiding principles of exercise and evaluation programs, as well as common approaches to exercise program management, design, development, conduct, evaluation, and improvement planning.
- Understanding of standard approaches to curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and measurement of training effects.
- Familiarity with federal authorities related to emergency management, national preparedness, all-hazards planning, and federal response and recovery operations (including the National Incident Management System, Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program, and National Exercise Program).
- Knowledge of principles of emergency management, emergency management training and exercise requirements and protocols, and current nationwide trends.
- Ability to manage competing tasks.
- Easily works within and across teams.
- Familiar working with technical professionals and other SMEs.