Kenjya-Trusant is seeking an Acquisition Specialist to provide support services as outlined below to efficiently and effectively support the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA), Visa Services Directorate (VO).
Clearance Requirement - Secret (may require Top Secret)
- Bachelor’s Degree (advanced degree preferred), and/or;
- Three (3) years of general office experience, including;
- Three (3) years of experience with federal acquisition with direct knowledge and understanding of contract regulations;
- Three (3) years of written and oral communications in an office environment, including;
- Three (3) years of developing, integrating, and implementing acquisition solutions for diverse, highly complex requirements across multiple areas and disciplines;
- Three (3) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS SharePoint, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
- Possess thorough knowledge of acquisition principles and contracting law;
- Experience advising senior level management on acquisition related subjects and liaising with contracting offices;
- Experience with pre and post award acquisition support functions;
- Communicate effectively and confidently including with high-level executives;
- Superior organizational skills and work ethic;
- Excellent customer service, written, and oral communications skills, and the ability to engage with high level and public officials, as well as working level colleagues;
- Ability to interpret and apply complex regulatory material;
- Ability to work independently and/or as a member of the team to effectively interact with personnel at all levels;
The Acquisition Specialist provides support to the Government staff in developing and implementing an effective and efficient procurement strategy, enhancing VO/DO’s capability to implement and administer contract and Interagency Agreement (IAA) requirements and documentation for the Visa Office.
- Provide expert advice on acquisition policies, regulations and procedures to the Acquisition Team, Contracting Officer (CO), COR, Project Managers and other DOS Management.
- Utilize DOS systems including, but not limited to, ARIBA, ILMS, GFMS, and GSD Tracker to enter and retrieve data with the permission of the Government.
Limited Pre Award Acquisition Support (Administration)
- Provides advisory assistance to the Technical Evaluation Team (TET) to include participating as an advisor and non-voting member on the TET and assisting in the preparation of the TET report.
Post Award Acquisition Support (Administration)
- General acquisition-related activities, including but not limited to the following:
- Transition oversight
- Protest support
- Congressional inquiries
- Preparing modifications
- Monitor burn rates
- Assist CORs with contract guidance
- Maintain contract files electronically via SharePoint
- Contract briefings
- Periodic meetings with internal and external stake holders
- Assist the DOS in performing quality assurance surveillance functions and support o the COR, as required, by providing advice, recommendations, and documentation
- Assist with contract close outs
- Training staff on best Procurement Practices
- Preparing for CPARS evaluations
- Maintain a centralized file of all appropriate and required COR actions and agreements.
- Assist with the preparation of periodic COR reports for each supported contract, and generates special reports, including IAAs, when necessary.
- Assists with the preparation of COR reports for VO contracts, and generates special reports when necessary.
- Maintains a centralized file of all appropriate and required acquisition documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Compliance (Oversight and Best Practices)
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Assists with the planning and development of acquisition based guides, templates, and instructions on preparing required contracting documents as needed.
- Assist with Developing procurement SOPs
- Maintaining/updating VO/DO Intranet SharePoint site for Procurement Information (Templates, POC’s, SOP’s)
- Maintain Contract Log for VO Contracts
- Advising on Policy changes
- Conduct analytical studies on best procurement practices
- Contract file reviews
- Site visits for contract compliance and analytical studies.
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.