Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a Web Content Coordinator to provide support services as outlined below to efficiently and effectively support the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA), Visa Services Directorate (VO).
Clearance Requirement - Secret (may require Top Secret)
- Bachelor’s degree, and;
- Four (4) years of general office experience, including;
- One (1) year of specialized experience in website content management, including;
- Three (3) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- The Government may allow the following qualifications substitutions for this position: 4 years of additional general office or administrative experience may be substituted for a BS/BA degree.
- Working knowledge of web coding such as HTML
- Familiarity with web-related applications and programs
- Familiarity with website analytic tools such as ForeSee and WebTrends
- Excellent proofreading and technical editing skills, with an excellent grasp of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Ability to effectively and politely interface with public
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and apply regulatory material
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the team to effectively interact with personnel at all levels
The Website Editor shall support the VO/P Website Unit in the management of internal and external website content, including, but not limited to, the following:
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Edit, maintain and publish content for the directorate’s visa-related potions of both the CA internet site (travel.state.gov), and the unclassified intranet site (CAWeb), based on input of internal stakeholders and needs of external audiences.
- Provide technical editing (including proofreading, grammar, and punctuation) to website content.
- Carry out quality assurance checks on website content.
- Liaise with IT department (both IRM and CA/CST) and external web developers to resolve technological issues and conduct work.
- Track and report on all site metrics.
- Monitor customer feedback messages/comments on website to correct issues and/or identify opportunities for improvement.
- Conduct periodic reviews of U.S. Embassy and Consulate websites to ensure compliance with Post Internet Content Guidelines.
- Identify and post relevant VO cables to internal and external websites.
- Coordinate with stakeholders (VO, other bureaus, and other government agencies) regarding their visa-related website information as well as web policies and procedures.
- Consolidate information and obtain clearance/approval for content changes, and then update content through the CMS.
- Assist on web policy matters. Interpret and apply policy to work products.
- Utilize proprietary consular systems such as the Consular Consolidated Database (CCD).
- Evaluate business processes and work flows, making practical recommendations for process improvements, and assist with implementing and validating any process changes.
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.