Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a Visa Analyst to provide support services as outlined below to efficiently and effectively support the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA), Visa Services Directorate (VO).
Clearance Requirement - Top Secret (may require SCI)
- Bachelor’s Degree (advanced degree preferred), and;
- Six (6) years of written and oral communications in an office environment, including;
- Two (2) years of policy development, international relations, intelligence community, legal, and/or foreign service, including;
- Four (4) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS SharePoint, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- (Preferred) Advanced knowledge and understanding of the laws, rules and regulations pertaining to eligibility for and issuance of a U.S. visa
- Communicate effectively and confidently with high-level executives
- Superior organizational skills and work ethic
- Ability to manage projects at an HQ level
- Effectively and politely interface with public
- Excellent customer service, written, and oral communications skills
- Ability to interpret and apply complex regulatory material
- Ability to work independently and/or as a member of the team to effectively interact with personnel at all levels
The Visa Analyst provides support to the Government staff and prepares letters, reports, and specialized correspondence. S/he will be primarily assigned to VO/L/C, but possibly also to other VO offices. A Government manager will provide day-to-day oversight and direction. The Visa Analyst shall perform all duties required including, but not limited to, the following:
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Assist VO managers with inquiries from posts, Congress, other bureaus, White House, foreign diplomatic missions, and other Government agencies.
- Participate in consular outreach activities including, but not limited to: professional meetings, interagency meetings, college, and university events.
- Manage individual portfolios by region and/or policy issue.
- Maintain flexibility and availability to work at different work sites within State and at partner agencies.
- Ability to learn and recall information about visa application procedures and the rules and regulations pertaining to visa requirements.
- Interpret complex laws and regulations.
- Comprehend and communicate the security requirements for a visa in a professional and courteous manner over the telephone.
- Coordinate clearances and conduct research on visa cases by gathering information from a variety of sources, including but not limited to: applications, supporting documents, the internet, telephone calls, and government, commercial, and open source databases. Write recommended findings in a clear and concise manner that summarizes the information gathered and identified during research.
- Provide support for special projects, including, but not limited to, support for conferences, meetings, representational events or bilateral delegations.
- Assist in training new analysts in the essential job functions.
- Serve as back-up to the other analysts in their absence.
- Available for telework when allowable and requested by Government Managers.
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.