Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a Visa Specialist to provide support services as outlined below to efficiently and effectively support the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA), Visa Services Directorate (VO).
NOTE: THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD
Clearance Requirement - Top Secret (may require SCI)
- Bachelor’s degree, and;
- Four (4) years of general office experience, including;
- Three (3) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS SharePoint, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- The Government may allow the following qualifications substitutions for this position: 4 years of additional general office or administrative experience may be substituted for a BS/BA degree.
- Ability to effectively and politely interface with public
- Ability to comprehend and communicate the requirements for a visa in a professional and courteous manner over the telephone
- Ability to learn and recall information about visa application procedures and the rules and regulations pertaining to visa requirements
- Good data entry skills, good filing and file retrieval skills, good organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and apply regulatory material
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the team to effectively interact with personnel at all levels
The Visa Specialist provides support to the Government by performing various administrative, clerical and other support functions with high attention to detail and accuracy in all offices of VO. A Government manager will provide day-to-day oversight and direction. Depending on the work unit, the Visa Specialist shall perform all duties and tasks of a Visa Assistant, in addition to the following:
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Assist in answering Congressional, Headquarters, and White House inquiries.
- Liaise in-person, via email, and phone with embassies, consulates, and other high-level foreign country personnel.
- Participate in customer service outreach activities including, but not limited to: travel shows, college and university events.
- Deal with urgent requests by visa applicants under the direction of a VO manager.
- Perform Quality Control in verifying that visa application data matches visa processing data.
- Utilize phone and email to resolve questions with applicants.
- Perform data entry, look-up files, and applications.
- Accept applications and download or enter basic biographic, upload the application, scan documents, and passport data into the NIV computer program, which assigns tracking numbers to each application.
- Review visa application for completeness and supporting documentation prior to Government adjudication.
- Verify the accuracy of all application data entered in the database against the data on the passport and DS-1648, data-enter or correct any inaccuracies, track all pending cases, add any necessary annotations, draft security advisory opinions where required, prepare correspondence relating to issues with the visa applications.
- Interface with visa applicants at Diplomatic Reception Desk. Review visa application for completeness and supporting documentation prior to adjudication. Copy customer’s identification.
- Print and affix visas onto applicant’s passport after Government adjudication.
- Distribute visa and passports envelopes to the correct applicant.
- Answer inquiries from visa and waiver applicants.
- Generate letters and emails that clearly convey requests for additional documentation or information to visa waiver applicants.
- Prepare Lookouts for the CLASS system as directed by the designated visa or waiver adjudicator.
- Prepare correspondence for applications not issued.
- Interface with the Consular Support Centers to resolve cases.
- Communicate with stakeholders, such as: Congressional offices, community-based organizations, and other Government Agencies (except for law-enforcement).
- Conduct research on visa cases by gathering information from a variety of sources, including but not limited to: applications, supporting documents, the internet, telephone calls, government, commercial, and open source databases. Write recommended findings in a clear and concise manner that summarizes the information gathered and identified during research.
- Review applications from J-1 Exchange Visitors who seek waivers of their INA 212(e) two-year home residence requirement.
- Conduct preliminary review of J-1 “No Objection” cases for forwarding through a case management system to a VO manager for a final review, signing if appropriate, and forwarding to DHS.
- Receive Section 13 cases from former diplomats for adjustment of status (green cards) from USCIS’ National Benefits Center, track the case via spreadsheet as the adjudicator seeks information from the regional desk officer and return the cases to USCIS with the Department of State’s recommendation on the case.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets to support the USCIS Liaison Officer.
- Maintain liaison with country desk officers, other government agencies, members of the foreign diplomatic corps, and immigration lawyers.
- Serve as back-up to the other assistants/analysts/specialists/liaison officers in their absence as designated.
- Update and/or revise VO content on CA internal and external websites.
- Learn content management systems through on-the-job training.
- Coordinate clearances under supervision.
- Provide support for special projects and/or events, including, but not limited to, support for conferences, meetings, representational events or bilateral delegations.
- Assist in training Visa Assistants in job functions, duties, and tasks.
- Available for telework when allowable and requested by Government Managers.
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.