Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a Visa Assistant to provide support services as outlined below to efficiently and effectively support the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA), Visa Services Directorate (VO).
NOTE: THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD
Clearance Requirement - Secret (may require Top Secret)
- Bachelor’s degree, and;
- Three (3) years of general office experience, including;
- Two (2) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, MS SharePoint, and MS Outlook.
- The Government may allow the following qualifications substitutions for this position: four (4) years of additional general office or administrative experience may be substituted for a BS/BA degree.
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt under pressure in stressful situations and follow instructions and established procedures
- Excellent data entry skills, filing and file retrieval skills
- Ability to effectively and politely interface with public
- Ability to comprehend and communicate the requirements for a visa in a professional and courteous manner over the telephone, in person, and in writing
- Ability to learn and recall information about visa application procedures and the rules and regulations pertaining to visa requirements
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and work ethic
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the team to effectively interact with personnel at all levels
The Visa Assistant provides support to the Government staff by performing various administrative and other visa-related support required for the effective operation of VO. A Government manager will provide day-to-day oversight and direction. Anticipated tasks require a high level of attention to detail and accuracy. Depending on the work unit, the Visa Assistant shall perform all duties and tasks of an Administrative Assistant, in addition to the following:
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Analyze and independently route official correspondence to action points within the Visa Office and to certain areas of the Department. This material, which includes operations memoranda, Diplomatic Notes, reports, statistics, telegrams, letters and FOIA requests, is primarily concerned with immigration matters.
- Independently classify subject-file material after review of the contents and determine the proper codification symbols identified with the subject matter. This material is highly technical and complex and frequently requires a determination relating to statute.
- Subject Matter Expert for activities involving the Visa Information, Control, Tracking and Reporting System (VICTARS), including answering questions relating to subject and name classification.
- Determine and certify the existence or non-existence of a record by conducting extensive research discovery, i.e., following all leads, references and available sources, and communicating the results either orally, or by writing on the document in question the appropriate notations, initials, and date, and attaching all related correspondence.
- Appropriately assign, transfer, and check-in files generated by VICTARS.
- Furnish information on files to VO personnel, other areas of the Department and other agencies.
- Perform research of subject-file or the Visa Information, Control, Tracking and Reporting Systems (VICTARS) for previous or related information. Attaches current correspondence to previous folder and determines proper office for action. If there is no previous folder in connection with a subject file request, prepares appropriate file folder as instructed, and charge-out card with name, date, initials, and action office.
- Sort, distribute, and file cable traffic.
- Provide assistance to visitors from posts, State, and other Government agencies.
- Receive, assemble and distribute all incoming and outgoing shipments and third-party mail via State mail services, UPS, FedEx, USPS, or other carriers.
- Perform searching and filing functions, file and/or retrieve application packages from file cabinets, box and archive files for storage purposes.
- Interface with visa applicants or couriers at VO Diplomatic Reception Desk. Perform data entry. Review visa application, photograph, identification and supporting documentation for completeness. Ensure the application and documents comply with visa requirements, photograph meets requirements, and customer is provided fee information if required. Copy customer identification. At the Diplomatic Reception Desk, distribute visa and passports to the correct applicant, comparing customer to passport image or accepting proper documents and identification for third party pick up.
- Print and affix visas onto applicant’s passport after Government adjudication.
- Receive telephone inquiries and visitors requesting subject or cable-file research, which could affect an individual’s eligibility to qualify for a visa.
- Perform data entry, review visa product against data system information for completeness and accuracy constantly applying laws, regulations and procedures pertaining to the issuance of a U.S. visa or waiver.
- Use proprietary consular systems and determine quality and correctness of prepared visas, maintain issued applications in an orderly and traceable fashion, accurately scan images and documents into DOS data systems.
- Troubleshoot information retrieved from the computer screen and manually searching to locate applications and documents within the diplomatic visa process. Update text in appropriate NIV screen. Update visa application information from the computer system.
- Assist with training: prepare training materials and packets, photocopy, conduct “meet-and-greets,” set-up training sessions or seminars, conduct office tours, etc.
- Enter information into various databases, including, but not limited to customer (i.e. UPS) addresses, accountable supplies.
- Perform data entry, print, scan, laminate, bind, fax, mail packing, seal and tape envelopes and boxes after verifying that contents are correct as requested.
- Ensure submitted applications have appropriate supporting documentation; perform preliminary review to ensure the 212(e) waiver policies and procedures meet the requirement of the Department and conform to Waiver Review Division regulations, policies and procedures.
- Process all official visas for the accredited Foreign Missions to the United Nations (UN), UN Secretariat and its related Funds and Programs; assure the daily visa application intake and visa and passport pass back; communicates with foreign missions and the UN via telephone and email pertaining to visa cases and policies.
- Process all official visas for accredited Foreign Missions in the United States, including but not limited to collecting, data entering, reviewing, printing, and maintaining all documentation relevant to the NIV process including security checks; generating all correspondence; initiating all SAO cables; maintaining close contact with USCIS for all requests for Change of Status ensuring all security background checks are conducted prior to processing.
- Relieve other Visa Assistants and Administrative Assistants at lunch/breaks to answer administrative telephones. Handle any incoming phone calls, emails or written correspondence.
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.