Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a Scanning Technician to provide support services as outlined below to efficiently and effectively support the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA), Visa Services Directorate (VO).
Clearance Requirement - Secret ( may require Top Secret)
- HS diploma or GED, and;
- One (1) year of office experience in a high volume production environment, including;
- One (1) year of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word and MS Outlook.
- Good hand-eye coordination and data entry skills.
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt under pressure in stressful situations and follow instructions and established procedures.
- Capable of performing repetitive tasks while maintaining a high level of accuracy, such as: lifting at least 50 pounds, standing, reaching, twisting, sealing envelopes, opening mail, moving/stacking boxes, removing staples, paper-clipping, sorting, filing, loading documents into scanner and reading.
- Ability to multi-task while paying attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work in one place and traverse the office on a continuing basis.
- Ability to provide basic customer service skills.
The Scanning Technician supports short-term, high-volume, record retirement and archiving projects. Scanning Technicians are responsible for converting archival materials to digital format using high-resolution scanners with a high attention to detail and accuracy. Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Pull records, verify alphabetical order and ensure they are retrievable, make file folders, box up records, type manifests, record file numbers and other identifiers, and retire to file rooms.
- Perform searching and filing functions, file and/or retrieve application packages from file rooms/cabinets.
- Utilize work procedures and search techniques using current and historical (manual and electronic) filing systems used by VO.
- Follow a pre-set pattern for document sequencing.
- Properly handle fragile and sensitive archival materials.
- Obtain and return remote files as assigned.
- Prepare files for retention, disposition, and retrieval purposes.
- Support the preparation of materials for scanning.
- Operate high-speed scanning equipment linked to VO databases.
- Scan applications, photos, supporting documents, etc. and import in VO systems; correct color and manipulate images as required using provided software; burn digital images to DVD, removable hard drives, or other storage media.
- Perform basic data entry.
- Record technical, item, and structural metadata in spreadsheets.
- Enter descriptive metadata into VO management systems.
- Perform quality control on scanned material.
- Calibrate all components of scanner and computer work station on a regular basis.
- Box and archive files for mailing and/or storage purposes.
- Generate mailing labels, ensure that mail labels match the applicant identification, fill and seal envelopes with correct corresponding documents.
- Receive and load pallets and individual packages into FedEx, UPS, USPS or other transportation carrier vehicles. Offload/move heavy materials from the office utilizing either an electric or manual pallet jack.
- Maintain schedules, tabulate daily production statistics, and provide daily reports on file-room activities directly to the Government File Room Chief.
- Assist in orienting and training new associates.
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.