Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a Training Coordinator to provide support services as outlined below to efficiently and effectively support the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA), Visa Services Directorate (VO).
Clearance Requirement - Top Secret
- Bachelor’s Degree (advanced degree or PMP preferred), and;
- Six (6) years of experience that demonstrates accomplishment of training project assignments that require a wide range of training and computer requirements and techniques. Such experience may include analyzing training-related technology, conducting studies to determine training requirements, teaching, supervising or administering a training program, development or review of training materials, or work that required training or instructing others on a regular basis, including;
- Five (5) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, MS SharePoint, and MS Outlook.
- Ability to design, deliver, maintain, and evaluate training programs
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and techniques of training
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior organizational skills and work ethic
- Knowledge of computer technology
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Ability to interpret and apply regulatory material
The Training Coordinator shall support VO under the general guidance of VO/DO and the Contract Program Manager. The Training Coordinator will perform a wide range of activities involved in carrying out the VO/DO’s responsibilities for meeting the training needs of employees of the Visa Office, including civil service, foreign service, contract, and other personnel. The Training Coordinator will also serve as acting Program Manager in the absence of the PM. Specifically, the Training Coordinator will be involved in designing, testing, distributing, and updating training materials related to visa support operations. The Training Coordinator shall maintain the contract Training Plan. The Training Coordinator shall train personnel to the level that will ensure that personnel using the materials and systems are operationally self-sufficient without the aid of the Contractor. The Training Coordinator shall perform, but not limited to, the following:
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Serve as Acting Program Manager in the absence of the PM.
- Develop basic components of instructional design: sequencing and clustering of learning events and objectives, task learning relationships, training materials and performance measures. Also implement supplementary training solutions such as role play scenarios.
- Coordinate and present training to DOS personnel and contractor staff in the operational use of all training materials and systems.
- Maintain a current collection of internal and external training resources. Prepare training reports and individual training records.
- Coordinate, reserve, and evaluate external training programs and/or conferences.
- Conduct training needs assessments and respond to training requests identified by managers. Determine staff skill levels and training needs using various methods: review of quality assurance data, needs assessment surveys, participant course evaluations, employee feedback, and management feedback.
- Prepare and create audio visual materials, manuals, handbooks, job aids, and other training materials as needed.
- Identify and organize speakers or presenters from within VO, if necessary.
- Analyze participation response, develop findings and make recommendations.
- Plan and conduct validity and reliability studies to detect trends or weak areas to make recommendations for necessary changes in training program.
- Coordinate and develop training packages.
- Provide updates and refresher training as program, regulatory or policy changes are implemented.
- Prepare Certificates of Attendance for those who attend VO training classes.
- Promote innovation, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Participate in meetings, conference calls and digital video conferences as required with overseas posts, VO, State, and other U.S. Government agencies. Provide formal and informal briefings.
- Develop a mechanism to track employee training needs by individuals.
- In coordination with VO/DO, respond to requests for VO subject matter expert speakers for courses at FSI or other locations.
- Consult with CA/EX/HRD on training as necessary or when directed by VO/DO.
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.