Kenjya-Trusant is seeking an Administrative Assistant Level I (Office Management Specialist) to provide support services as outlined below to efficiently and effectively support the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA), Overseas Citizens Services (OCS).
THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON 3Q21 CONTRACT AWARD
Clearance Requirement - Secret
- HS Diploma and one (1) year of experience serving in a similar capacity.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite of Office Products (i.e., Word, Power Point, Excel, SharePoint and Outlook
- Ability to type mistake-free final forms (letters, memorandums, cables, speeches, briefing papers, etc.), many of them destined for CA upper management, the White House, and/or Members of Congress;
- Excellent organizational, communication, and customer service skills
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Monitor incoming and outgoing Red Border, Congressional and general correspondence for clearance using OCS’ Executive Tasking Site (ETS);
- Proof read and review for completeness (including ensuring proper formatting and clearances) all outgoing S/S, White House, Congressional and other routine correspondence emanating from within the office requiring the signature or clearance of their immediate Government manager;
- Read and distribute all incoming correspondence to appropriate action officers and ensure that there is not undue delay in paper flow in and out of their immediate Government manager’s office and that all work is properly routed for expeditious handling;
- Review all outgoing papers to be signed or cleared by their immediate Government manager for proper format, accuracy, neatness, TAGS, priority designation and clearances, returning to originator those not in conformance with policy and procedures;
- Generate and prepare reports;
- Serve as time and attendance coordinator for their immediate Government manager and staff;
- Make domestic and international travel arrangements for their immediate Government manager and office staff as appropriate; including preparing travel vouchers, obtaining country clearances, making hotel reservations, and obtaining tickets, passports, visas and itineraries;
- Establish and maintain files ensuring that material needed are readily retrievable;
- Locate and assemble background information for use in replying to correspondence, for use at meetings, briefings etc.;
- Update and maintain public information and make information readily available to the public;
- Liaise with officers and web-based resources to provide and maintain updated information for the public;
- Coordinate arrangements for meetings and conferences;
- Receive all telephone calls and visitors for their immediate sections as required;
- Determine nature of calls and make proper referral to the action office, if such is indicated as a means of expediting information desired;
- Make outgoing calls and receive incoming calls;
- Perform general office support duties, to include maintaining office supplies, printing, faxing and copying materials;
- Apply sensitivity and discretion in calls from Members of Congress, the media, or the general public who manifest special concerns;
- Maintain immediate Government manager’s calendar, handling requests for meetings and appointments by arranging, rescheduling or referring them to other staff officers as necessary; advises supervisor of commitments and reminds him/her of matters to be considered at meetings providing background data;
- Serve as liaison between the Government manager and staff members, keeping them informed of commitments and changes in office procedures and requirements;
- Escort people as needed;
- Perform other appropriate tasks, assignments and duties as required and assigned by their immediate Government manager.
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.