Provide support and related services to the implementation of enterprise data representations in various mission domains. The successful individual will perform end-to-end systems engineering for data flows from the perspective of data format modeling, data mapping, and support to implementers and mission customers. This position requires strong software and systems engineering expertise from cradle to grave with limited, high-level direction, in the areas of:
- Performing high-level data requirements analysis to support application of data standards across the enterprise. Duties require a broad range of knowledge including information technology, requirements, technical architecture analysis (e.g., understanding data flow diagrams, system architecture diagrams, etc.), and an understanding of functional and system analysis.
- Coordinating across teams that leverage multiple development methodologies, Agile (Scrum & Kanban), etc.
- Possessing an instinctive aptitude to leverage information and knowledge sharing networks and navigate conflict in a way that fosters constructive outcomes.
The selected candidate will demonstrate the aptitude to learn and grow in the following areas.
REQUIRED EDUCATION :
- Integrating national and tactical data architectures into enterprise data representations (or formats) that can produce outputs to support multiple system architectures. This includes systems and data architecture and integration, data modeling, and data mapping in direct support of enterprise technology leadership.
- Maintaining awareness of commercial data standards and community data standardization activities.
- Corporate architecture and tools to include the Event Warehouse, Content Warehouse.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or other related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus at least twenty (20) years of Systems Engineering experience
- A Master’s or PhD Degree may be substituted for two years of experience.
- A high school diploma or GED plus 4 additional years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable in lieu of a qualifying college degree.
INDIVIDUAL CAPABILITIES / EXPERENCE REQUIRED
- NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch, Snowflake, etc).
- AWS/GCP (or our local variants – MASH/C2S).
- Containers (docker).
- Orchestration (Ansible/Puppet/Chef/Salt).
- Data Wrangling (munging/moving/transferring it about town).
- Open source/GITHUB.
Elasticsearch, Snowflake, NoSQL, Linux, AWS, Containers, ETL, Modeling, Shell Scripting