Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Administrative Assistant who works closely with colleagues in the Office of the Coordinator for Cuban Affairs, as well as with the Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA) and relevant interagency partners, to coordinate on a wide range of consular issues involving Cuba.
Clearance Requirement - Secret
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- The Administrative will report directly to the Consular Unit Chief.
- Conduct research, prepare, and make recommendations (in coordination with other Department offices and federal agencies) for issuance or denial of nonimmigrant visa cases for Cuban nationals.
- Coordinate all visa applications for U.S. government officials traveling to Cuba, including working level interaction with Cuban Embassy officials.
- Assist with logistics and coordination for U.S. – Cuba Migration Talks, a semi-annual event between both governments to discuss safe, legal, and orderly migration.
- Draft reports, papers, talking points, and correspondence for use of the Consular Unit Chief and CCA leadership.
- Engage with relative Department offices and federal agencies involved in migration policy, reforms, and other consular-related issues.
- Answer inquiries from the public, Congressional staffers, the interagency and other State Department offices.
- Research Cuba policy issues related to consular topics, such as visas and migration.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Experience in providing guidance to senior level staff
- Excellent communication skills -Basic Spanish Language skills
- Working knowledge of the State Department
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.