POSITION: System Engineer - Level II
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying); No CCAs accepted
- Assist in all data governance activities to transition/convert mission data flows from legacy systems to the client’s modernized data flow architecture
- Assess, document and define new or improved decision logic and rule sets applied to data management
- Assess, research and identify needed updates for data flow service requests; transition dataflow requests and related information into modernized data management system
- Respond to time sensitive requests from customers
- Provide Tier 1 customer support for data management requests
- Perform all aspects of customer engagement in supporting data management processes,
- Recommend, develop and manage customer communications and customer engagement strategies to support data management activities and objectives
- Define and document Standard Operating Procedures, User Guides, Mission Processes and Policies in support of data flow mission activities and systems
- Assess and document current operational mission data flows and data flow configurations
- Coordinate with customers to verify new operational data flows and confirm termination of decommissioned flows
- Assess and define requirements and recommend improvements to dataflow management processes and tools
- Monitor, assess and resolve problems with data management requests, coordinate with stakeholders to identify and mitigate gaps and risks; report status to stakeholders and leadership as applicable
- Participate in dataflow migration planning and execution
- Create and maintain project documentation, presentations, tracking, tasking etc. in Microsoft Word, Visio, SharePoint, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Provide estimates of scope and timelines for engineering and data governance tasks and artifacts to team leads and customers
- Schedule, facilitate and lead technical meetings, plan and document meeting agendas, record and publish meeting minutes and outcomes, track and follow up on actions
No travel is anticipated in the performance of this task.
Required Individual Qualifications:
Required Technical Skills:
- Fourteen (14) years' experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- In lieu of a degree, five (5) years of additional system engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- Experience with mission systems related to data flows, data management or data repositories
- Experience defining capability and system level requirements and use cases
- Experience in defining and modeling business or system processes and workflows, and identifying mechanisms and approaches for process improvement and/or automation
- Experience and strong user level competence in the use of MS Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Preferred Technical Skills:
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Strong understanding of the SIGINT lifecycle
- Knowledge of general distributed processing methodology, cloud based architectures and technology
- Experience with software or system testing
- Experience with definition, configuration, test, or validation of system interfaces or data flows
- Knowledge of mission data formats and legal authorities for mission data
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.