Provide support for EIS developmental and production environments for multiple operating systems (e.g. Windows, Solaris, and Linux). Maintain system performance statistics and metrics. System support may include, but is not limited to:
- System Management Planning
- Build technical plans
- Develop documentation for the configuration of systems and equipment to the network
- Coordinate with public, private, and international partners
- Develop, implement, and manage across CS that supports all multi-office developments needed for capabilities, products, and operations
- Ensure appropriate documentation and operational training is made available
- Analyze problems to determine technical solutions
- Decide what architectures will be required to solve technical problems
- Decide what procedures will be required to solve technical problems
- Develop functional, operation, or user requirements
- Provide system engineering and specialized application support for designated mission systems established by the government. This support will be called on when support using SOP guidelines is not sufficient to resolve system, network, database, or application issues.
- Research new capabilities, plan evaluations complete Feasibility Study and perform Technical Assurance ELAI and ELAII evaluations.
- Write/review scripts as evaluation dictates
- Develop and perform independent tests and develop test procedures from requirements
- Evaluate Capability Requirements Specifications(CRS)
- Complete technical reviews, develop and distribute final reports; generate test documentation to include test plans and procedures
- Perform advanced Internet research on topics and apply the knowledge to the evaluation, develop tools/scripts for use during other evaluations, participating in all phases of the evaluation process
REQUIRED EDUCATION :
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or other related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus at least twenty (20) years of Systems Engineering experience
- A Master’s or PhD Degree may be substituted for two years of experience.
- A High School Diploma or GED plus twenty four (24) years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable
INDIVIDUAL CAPABILITIES / EXPERENCE REQUIRED
- Experience is to include at least three (3) of the following areas: knowledge of current security tools, hardware/software security implementation; communication protocols; and encryption techniques/tools.
- DoD8570 compliance with Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2 or higher is required.
- Designing, architecting, building strategic infrastructure plan
- Formulating life cycle replacement plans
- Re-architecting enclaves, ensuring systems are current and up-to-date
- Provide strategic infrastructure planning and scheduling
- Participate in weekly engineering review board / technical meeting
- Conduct Requirements gathering
- Understand/be able to explain the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI)
- Must be familiar with VMware, Storage, Network, system accreditation, security compliance, Windows Server, RHEL, CentOS, Splunk, Cloud Director, Horizon View, and infrastructure support tools.
Cyber Security, operating systems, system support, architecture