The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking a System Engineer level 3 to provide Cross Domain Solutions support to system domains at various security classification levels.
System Engineer - Level 3
SECURITY REQUIREMENT: TS/SCI Full Scope Poly (must have prior to applying)
- Develop comprehensive SOA solutions
- Develop operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards
- Conduct and/or approve end-to-end system trade analyses to optimize system operations over its life-cycle through the proper balance of non-functional system performance areas
- Use validated models, simulations, and prototyping to mitigate risk and reduce cost of system development
- Ensure effective, periodic review and control of the evolving configuration of a system, both hardware and software components and associated documentation, during the life of the system
- Serve as a member of the CCB
- Develop system design alternatives that consider life cycle cost, reuse, complexity, risk, system expansion, and growth
- Develop alternative courses of action, workarounds, and fall-back positions with a recommended course of action for each risk, and monitor and re-evaluate risks at appropriate milestones. Monitors risks using earned value management (EVM) data
- Provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration , and testing of all components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/ non technical assessment and management as well as end-to -end flow analysis
- Improve standard integration strategies based upon rationale for previous decisions that resulted in improved integration performance
- Fully define interfaces in terms of origination, destination, stimulus, and data characteristics for software; and electrical and mechanical characteristics for hardware
- As a participant within an Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) effort, recommend a preferred solution based on selection criteria adjusted for reasonableness and validity of assumptions, technology limitations, environmental impact, and life-cycle costs
- Maintain knowledge of current and evolving agency, national, and international standards applicable to the system development of interest. Apply and enforce use of suitable standards to ensure consistency and interoperability of developer hardware and software
- Twenty (20) years experience as a SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts is required.
- Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!