The Kenjya-Trusant Group, LLC (KTG) is seeking a Software Engineer Level 3 to provide cross domain software engineering support to over 40 system domains at the unclassified, secret, and top secret levels.
SECURITY REQUIREMENT: TS/SCI Full Scope Poly (FSP)
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
- Works individually or as part of a team.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Resolves software problem reports
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial-Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis, and synthesis from system level to individual soft ware components
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Recommend new technologies and processes for complex software projects
- Serve as the technical lead of multiple software development teams
- Select the software development process in coordination with the customer and system engineering
- Ensure quality control of all developed and modified software
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance
- Twenty-four (24) years experience as an SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Ten (10) years experience with object-oriented programming languages such as C++ and Java.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!