The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking a Senior Cost Engineer
to provide support to AFCEC/CFTP onsite at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, TX.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide and utilize cost estimating software and hardware to draft itemized construction and design cost forecasts as a level of detail sufficient to aid in construction and design contractor cost proposal analysis and establishment of Government negotiation positions.
- Articulate project means and methods that support reasonable economy and efficiency with clearly defined productivity rates.
- Conduct continuous process improvement by assessing recent and relevant project data that could serve to improve the fidelity of cost projections.
- Provide cost/technical analysis support of design and construction contractor proposals.
- Develop, maintain, utilize, and deliver to the government a DFSD-specific database consisting of historical and current cost and pricing data.
- Provide monthly reporting of activities and initiatives to include, but not be limited to, lessons learned, means and methods utilized, process analyses, industry trends, assessment results, training, and proposed initiatives for continuous process improvements.
- Familiarity with federal design and construction contracts.
- Experience providing oversight of A/E design.
- Knowledge and experience providing technical training, lessons learned, and best practices to technical and project management staff.
- Knowledge of Facility and Building Systems – Roofing, Building Envelope, Interior Construction, MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing), Building automation, etc…
- Experience applying the Department of Defense Unified Facilities Criteria and Uniform Facilities Guide Specifications to complex facility construction projects.
- Specialize in facilities including fuel control systems, fuel tank coatings, fuel tank repairs, pipelines system, pumps and motors, filter separators, valves, fuel dispenser system, welding of pipeline system, fuel containment system and pumphouse systems including construction environmental restoration.
- At minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree in Design/Construction Industry related to discipline.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Minimum ten (10) years’ of experience within the last 20 years estimating military, federal, civil, structural, commercial, transportation, and education projects.
- Must be proficient in any cost estimating software and hardware provided.
- Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE), Certified Estimating Professional (CEP), Certified Cost Professional (CCP), American Society of Professional Estimators (ASPE), Nationally Accredited certification, DoD Cost Engineer, or equivalent professional-level cost engineering certification is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to utilize and apply computer software skills including MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Additional working knowledge/experience using the following software: Sage (Timberline) as well as On Screen Takeoff (OST).
- Successful completion of a T-1 Trustworthiness background check for a Common Access Card (CAC), or the ability to obtain one.
- Motivated self-starters requested.