The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking a Senior Airfield Pavement Engineer
to provide support to AFCEC/CFTP onsite at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, TX.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a professional Senior Civil/Structural Engineer, performing design, project programming and construction management/monitoring duties in support of a military installation.
- Perform planning and design work for substantial multi-phase new construction, renovations, and improvement projects for real property facilities, including utility systems, utilizing a professional knowledge of civil engineering.
- Prepare, develop, or review designs, cost estimates, schedules, underlying analysis, technical drawings, and specifications related to a wide variety of projects and systems, to include airfields; roadways; site/area development; drainage; foundations; structures; transportation; drainage and other systems of major size and complexity.
- Develop statements of work (SOWs) and other documents necessary to support contract solicitation from various contracting agencies.
- Coordinate all design phases with appropriate stakeholders, managers and staff elements.
- Incorporate knowledge of other engineering disciplines and architecture in development and management design concepts and projects.
- Provide guidance to team members, monitor their progress throughout the project, and give input to supervisors on performance.
- Manage projects for new construction, renovations, and improvements to facilities and maintain surveillance over construction contractors utilizing a professional knowledge of civil engineering and knowledge of architecture and other engineering and disciplines to ensure overall compliance with contracted specifications, schedules, etc.
- Perform detailed preconstruction site surveys.
- Provide technical review and/or prepare as-built drawings at the end of construction.
- Develop or review specifications, schedules, and coordinate with customer to incorporate all their requirements while ensuring compliance with building codes, unified facility criteria, and all other applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
- Use cost estimating tools to produce government estimates, and program projects.
- Assess validity, feasibility, and impacts (economic, environmental, etc.) of projects and base development actions, and integrates with overall installation plans.
- Perform or support requirements programming for variety of programs.
- Support or serve as Activity Management Plan (AMP) Manager responsible for developing short- and long-range facilities and infrastructure priorities and requirements.
- Perform a range of engineering duties surrounding O&M functions to encompass the maintenance, repair, upgrade, and operation of a variety of infrastructure facilities and utilities.
- Coordinate projects with other engineers in a variety of disciplines, architects, and planners as well as contracting officers, tenant organization representatives, and construction agents such as from private contracting companies, Army Corps of Engineers, AF Civil Engineer Center, and AF Installation Mission Support Center.
- Use computers/computer software such as information management programs, Sustainment Management Systems (SMS), Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) programs, and project tracking programs to solve engineering problems and facilitate work.
- Apply available AF Civil Engineer tools, such as SMS, Geographic Information System (GIS), Building Information Modeling (BIM), DR Checks, cost estimating software, fluids modeling software for representation and analysis of field data and use for project development and design.
- Experience in planning and budget cost estimating.
- Experience with Federal government contracts, data reporting, and protocols is highly recommended.
- Familiarity with facility construction requirements and subsequent systems.
- Familiarity with the NFPA’s Life Safety and other applicable codes; building codes; and standards and regulations including Air Force standards, policies, and guidelines.
- Experience with construction management/pavement for the Air Force is desired.
JOB QUALIFCATIONS AND SKILLS:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relatable Engineering field.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Minimum ten (10) years of project and/or management experience within the last 20 years.
- Active Registered Professional Engineer License in Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge and understanding of Building Codes.
- Well-versed in Federal, State, and Local regulatory and permitting requirements.
- Possess advanced knowledge of various design and documentation software.
- Ability to work independently and/or as a member of a project team.
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate with others to explore alternative solutions.
- Comfortable performing in an environment that requires independent evaluation, judgment and decision making.
- Demonstrate the highest degree of ethical behavior and candor.
- Familiarity with design and analysis using various materials including but not limited to metals such as steel, stainless steel, aluminum & iron; concrete and precast concrete; prestressed and post-tensioned concrete; timber HMA; synthetics; composites; epoxies/resins/polymers; FRP; HDPE
- Ability to organize and gather project data, conduct analysis, prepare reports and provide recommendations without assistance.
- Ability to utilize and apply computer software skills including MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Autodesk AutoCAD 2013, etc…
- Successful completion of a T-1 Trustworthiness background check for a Common Access Card (CAC), or the ability to obtain one.
- Motivated self-starters requested.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.