The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer
to provide support to AFCEC/CFTP onsite at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, TX.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide expert level technical consultation in support of implementation of government facility design and construction programs.
- Expert technical support shall consist of (1) performing technical analysis to support strategic decision making; technology evaluation; innovative technology assessment; or other expert analysis of a non-routine enterprise-wide programmatic or technical issues; (2)evaluating government efforts to support AF and DoD clients, especially when those efforts are addressing unique and difficult problems including addressing controversial topics, (3) conducting technical studies or technology evaluations, and (4) information management and reporting (including development of methodologies for management and reporting).
- Review policy, design criteria, program business rules, etc. impacting MILCON, UMMC, or FSRM planning, programming, execution, or capitalization.
- Apply existing policy documents, professional experience, and expert judgement to evaluate for consistency with existing applicable policy and standards documents, including AFCFSs, UFCs, UFGSs, Air Force Instructions (AFIs), and program business rules.
- Evaluate potential cost, schedule, and quality impacts to current or future projects (costs, schedule, and quality).
- Prepare documents in support of the Air Force obtaining environmental and construction permits, applications, and other associated administrative requirements in support of horizontal construction projects.
- Provide technical input in support of Air Force in negotiations with federal, state, and local permitting authorities.
- Assist in managing construction projects, assist with defining project requirements, development and integration of execution strategies, preparation of Statement of Objectives (SOO) or Statements of Works (SOW), programming documents, DD 1391s, cost estimates.
- Review design submissions, compile design comments and review contractor responses. Review shop drawings, for functional and technical accuracy/completeness, and for compliance with applicable regulations. Assess whether technical deliverables satisfy plan specifications and schedules. Make written recommendations regarding acceptance or rejection of shop drawings and documents submitted by the design team and/or contractors.
- Conduct field oversight to ensure that construction contractors are building to the required documents and standards.
- Perform peer reviews, forensic studies and expert reporting and witness services.
- Manage, administer and design structural projects and structural components of non-structural projects.
Job Qualifications and Skills:
- A Master of Science Degree in Civil/Structural Engineer
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Minimum ten (10) years of project and/or management experience within the last 20 years.
- Active Registered Professional Engineer License in Structural Engineering.
- Knowledge and understanding of Structural Codes.
- Well versed in Federal, State, and Local regulatory and permitting requirements.
- Possess advanced knowledge of various design and documentation software.
- Ability to work independently and/or as a member of a project team.
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate with others to explore alternative solutions.
- Comfortable performing in an environment that requires independent evaluation, judgment and decision making.
- Demonstrate the highest degree of ethical behavior and candor.
- Familiarity with design and analysis using various materials including but not limited to metals such as steel, stainless steel, aluminum & iron; concrete and precast concrete; prestressed and post-tensioned concrete; timber HMA; synthetics; composites; epoxies/resins/polymers; FRP; HDPE
- Ability to organize and gather project data, conduct analysis, prepare reports and provide recommendations without assistance.
- Ability to utilize and apply computer software skills including MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Autodesk AutoCAD 2013, etc…
- Successful completion of a T-1 Trustworthiness background check for a Common Access Card (CAC), or the ability to obtain one.
- Motivated self-starters requested.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.