POSITION: System Engineer - Level II
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying); No CCAs accepted
Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications. Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities. Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies. Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology. Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations. Develops technical documentation. Develops system Architecture and system design documentation. Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans. Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts. Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility. Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
- Design, develop, configure, implement and deploy SharePoint custom solutions to support business processes using SharePoint 2013 out-of-the-box capabilities and SharePoint Designer
- Design/develop custom content types to support business processes and related data
- Design/develop custom views and calculations to support business process metrics
- Design/develop custom dashboards and workflows using SharePoint Out-Of-the-Box capabilities as well as SharePoint Designer
- Design and develop marketing websites in WordPress
- Design and configure Atlassian suite component instances to support business processes, to include establishing web forms and dashboards in Jira, helping configure Jira workflows, and team collaboration spaces in Confluence.
- Design and create graphics in support of organizational activities and initiatives
- Participate in business solution design reviews and presentations
- Propose business solution strategies and design approaches based on customer needs, processes, technical feasibility, and industry/agency best practices
- Provide project planning support, coordination and guidance to team and stakeholders for multi-phased web solution development efforts and rollouts, using one or more web-based components or content management systems, including SharePoint, WordPress, Atlassian Suite, and similar products
- Gather and document customer needs; analyze customer requirements, define customer processes and process improvements;
- Develop process and design documentation to support business process definition, solution design, development and deployment
- Participate in business process engineering and improvement activities in support of web-based solution design, development and deployment
- Collaborate with customers and external support/technical teams to ensure web solution development efforts integrate with corporate/enterprise frameworks
- Define and plan web solution releases
- Plan, implement and manage changes for web-based business solutions and web content
- Create and maintain project documentation, presentations, project tracking and task related artifacts in MS Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Confluence
- Plan and support migration of organizational web presence to Office365
No travel is anticipated in the performance of this task
Required Individual Qualifications:
Required Technical Skills:
- Fourteen (14) years' experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- In lieu of a degree, five (5) years of additional system engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years experience in designing and implementing customer web based solutions, using SharePoint 2013/2010 and/or other industry standard web platform technologies
- 3+ Experience gathering/documenting customer requirements; leading customer process or requirements gathering sessions or technical exchanges; defining and documenting processes and workflows for future implementation
- Demonstrated experience in graphics design using Adobe Creative Suite, especially Adobe Illustrator
- Demonstrated experience in User Interface and User Experience (UI/UX) design
- Knowledge of configuring SharePoint sites, subsites and user permissions, and managing SharePoint site collections
- Demonstrated experience with SharePoint tools including: SharePoint Out-of-the-box capabilities, SharePoint Designer, Site Definitions, Web Parts, Custom Navigation, Content Types, Search Features, Master Pages, Site Templates, Lists, Custom Workflows, Page Layouts
- Strong understanding of SharePoint architecture (Managed paths, site collections, sites etc)
- Demonstrated experience working with, configuring and customizing Atlassian Suite components, to include Confluence and Jira
- Demonstrated experience with other web development technologies, to include CSS, HTML, PHP, or similar technologies/languages
- Experience in identifying approaches and methods for process improvement, identifying implementation approaches and mechanisms for process automation
- Experience deploying consistent branding across site collections and web-based business solutions
Preferred Technical Skills:
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Experience with MS Office 365
- Experience in defining and modeling business processes and workflows in Visio or similar drawing tool
- Experience with developing web interfaces using APIs
- Experience with back end/client side scripting
- Understanding of the agency instantiation/architecture for Corporate SharePoint and Atlassian Suite
- Working knowledge of SharePoint metadata management
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.