The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer III to support an existing project providing cross domain solutions over several networks at multiple levels of security.
SECURITY REQUIREMENT: TS/SCI Full Scope Poly
- The Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) shall perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Validates and verifies system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs.
- Designs, develops, implements and/or integrates IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements.
- Builds IA into systems deployed to operational environments. Assists architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of Agency security policy and enterprise solutions.
- Supports the building of security architectures. Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures.
- Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle.
- Contributes to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations.
- Reviews certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content.
- Applies system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following to :
- system security design process
- engineering life cycle; information domain
- cross domain solutions
- commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf cryptography identification; authentication; and authorization
- system integration; risk management; intrusion detection
- contingency planning; incident handling; configuration control
- change management; auditing; certification and accreditation process
- principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control); and security testing. Support security authorization activities in compliance with NISCAP and DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF), the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, and prescribed business processes for security engineering.
- Advocate and recommend system-level solutions to resolve security requirements. Monitors and suggests improvement to IA policy
- Interact with customers, IT staff, and high-level corporate officers to define and achieve required IA objectives
- Provide the Government assistance to ensure that the architecture and design of information systems are functional and secure, including program of record systems and special purpose environments with platform IT interconnectivity
- Provide expert guidance and work product evaluation to one or more security engineers that support Engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments
- Twenty (20) years experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required
- DoD 8570 compliance with IASAE Level 3 is required
- Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP) and CISSP Certifications are required
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, reducing the requirement to eighteen (18) years of experience
- Four (4) years of additional ISSE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
SECURITY REQUIREMENT: TS/SCI Full Scope Poly