POSITION: Software Engineer - Level II
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying)
We are looking for a Software Engineer to support a cyber defense prototype on a long-term, classified contract located in the Annapolis Junction/Ft. Meade, MD area.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & OVERALL EXPERIENCE:
- Take an existing adaptive cyber defense prototype and make it more applicable to mission and customer needs.
- The prototype is a software library consisting of several modules, including threat detection tools, a rudimentary autonomous reasoning system, and a GUI.
- The software prototype was designed by an off-site contractor who designed and tested the prototype on their internal data, as well as a publicly available data.
- Written in python, the prototype makes use of open-source Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) libraries in order to autonomously create baselines of cyber activity and measure those baselines against activity of unknown provenance.
- Results from these tests will be fed into a rudimentary reasoning system in order to reason about the information and make higher level conclusions about the activity.
- There is a GUI which can interact with cybersecurity analysts through a chat window, so that end users need only supply information about data and the analytics they wish to run, which is translated by a rudimentary AI system to ingest the correct data, run the analytics and display results
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required; four (4) years of SWE experience on projects with similar software processes to those described in the pertinent delivery order may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of fourteen (14) years’ experience as a software engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity as the pertinent delivery order.
- Experience in open source AI/ML libraries is required.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.