The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking a System Administrator to support a Government research and development laboratory.
Clearance Requirement: TS/SCI with NSA Full Scope
Perform System Administration to troubleshoot and maintain a stand-alone Government research and development laboratory. This laboratory comprises the network infrastructure, servers (both physical and virtual), and workstations needed to support mission requirements. Operating systems in use include several flavors of Linux, Windows, and OS X. Hardware includes: Dell servers, switches, network attached storage arrays, and tape drives; Symantec backup appliance; Cisco switches; Apple workstations; and custom built workstations.
REQUIRED Technical Skills
- Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manages the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
- Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Optimizes system operations and resource utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning
- Experience in supporting and troubleshooting issues in a lab network to include user accounts, installation of cabling and equipment, initial troubleshooting, etc.
- Experience performing data transfers procedures
- Skilled at documenting processes and procedures as well as document editing
- Experience in either Windows or Linux
- Familiarity with ticketing processes
PREFERRED Technical Skills
- Experience with Citrix and VMware virtualization platforms
- Experience installing and configuring virtual servers and clients
- Five (5) years’ experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional system administration experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.