The United States Special Operation Command’s (USSOCOM) Force Structure, Requirements, Resources and Strategic Assessments Directorate (J8) Strategic Planning and Analysis Division (J8‐S) requires services for analytical support for wide range of analytical products to USSOCOM directorates, centers, component commands and Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs). During project execution, personnel will provide the J8‐S, with high quality, defendable technical and analytical support expertise in employing analytical models and tools with a wide array of areas such as of software development, operation and maintenance of Government classified stand‐alone local area networks, and development and maintenance of classified databases.
The Senior Network and Systems Manager shall:
- Perform duties as Baseline and Privileged Use Certified Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, DOD Instruction 8140.01, USSOCOM Manual 380-3, and the SIE OPORD.
- Maintain, enhance, and manage Information Technology and standalone secret local area network (LAN). Provide on-site facilities management to manage and operate J8-S automated data processing systems. Implement and maintain access and security control of J8-S LAN.
- Setup and configuration of network servers, implement back/recovery methodologies, add and remove users, and maintain security permissions.
- Install operating system software on servers and desktops, update software patches, and release upgrades.
- Perform all aspects of Information Assurance: maintain LAN certification and accreditation for Secret and ACCM material; make changes as required to each server and desktop system to meet DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides.
- Ensure Authority to Operate for LAN is maintained and current.
- Troubleshoot and remedy system problems and outages. Ensure 95% network availability during duty hours.
- Maintain user data files and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Performance monitoring, analyze system usage and system impact
- Assist in development and design of audio-visual requirements to meet J8-S mission needs.
- Manage software licensing and maintenance. Maintain equipment inventory to assist in ensuring priority hardware is covered by maintenance contracts.
- Provide help desk functionality. Provide day to day assistance to users, unlock accounts, change passwords, and help users with logon issues or system problems. Monitor systems and take corrective action as required.
- Support USSOCOM’s acquisition, life cycle, and operations support for both equipment and software through implementation of the Configuration Management and five-year systems plans.
- Employ Information Assurance to ensure the Network Suite System and the Network System are maintained IAW DOD standards as outlined in the DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide process.
- Support the activities necessary to maintain the accreditation and Authority to Operate (ATO) of the J-8S networks and applications.