The United States Special Operation Command’s (USSOCOM) Force Structure, Requirements, Resources and Strategic Assessments Directorate (J8) Strategic Planning and Analysis Division (J8‐S) requires services for analytical support for wide range of analytical products to USSOCOM directorates, centers, component commands and Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs). During project execution, personnel will provide the J8‐S, with high quality, defendable technical and analytical support expertise in employing analytical models and tools with a wide array of areas such as of software development, operation and maintenance of Government classified stand‐alone local area networks, and development and maintenance of classified databases.
The Senior Database Administrator shall:
- Perform duties as Baseline and Privileged Use Certified Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, DOD Instruction 8140.01, USSOCOM Manual 380-3, and the SIE OPORD.
- Facilitate the readiness and availability of all database repositories by providing administrative and engineering database support technical services.
- Setup and create databases, maintain database services online, implement backup/recovery methodologies, add or remove users, and maintain security permissions.
- Be responsible for database software installation on servers, update software patches and release upgrades.
- Install and configure client database software on workstations.
- Conduct testing and deep scan health reports on all database instances, preventative maintenance.
- Maintain database monitoring, identify, avoid, resolve database integrity or bottleneck issues.
- Analyze, critique, rewrite performance Standard Query Language (SQL) procedures (SQL analysis and tuning). Assist software development team regarding SQL procedures.
- Author, test, and maintain database internal stored procedures (PSQL).
- Database tuning, performance optimization and data realignments.
- Database engineering design and planning consistent with software development life-cycle.
- Hardware and software administration of database platform equipment.
- Seven (7) years of experience providing advanced Database and Application server administration support to a mission production environment and development. Experience may include but is not limited to:
- Database and Application server troubleshooting, installation, upgrade, performance tuning, development support, scripting and producing documentation.
- Experience as DBA in a Windows and/or Linux OS environment using RDBMS (required) and/or NOSQL/Non-relational databases.
- Familiarity or background in software development using mainstream programming or scripting languages.
- Three (3) years of experience (can be concurrent with the 7 years above) in database development, maintenance/support, and query support for software developers; to include writing stored procedures and triggers.
- Baseline and Privileged Use Certified Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level I; IAT Level II must be obtained within 6 months of start date
- Top Secret Clearance desired but must possess a current DoD Secret clearance, and be upgradable to Top Secret within 4 months and eligible for SCI access and ACCM read-on.