The Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a Program Management Analyst
to provide Grant Support Services
to the Department of Transportation (DOT), Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) Office of Railroad Policy and Development (RPD). Staff from RPD’s Offices of Policy and Planning and Infrastructure Investment serve on multi-disciplinary teams to 1) develop Notices of Funding Opportunity (NOFO), 2) compile and validate application data and conduct eligibility review; 3) review and rate all eligible applications against evaluation criteria; and 4) develop communication materials to brief senior RPD, FRA, and DOT management on evaluation results.
POSITION: Program Management Analyst (Grant Support)
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
This Opportunity is in BID status. Estimated award and start of contract is 3rd Quarter 2020.
- Assist FRA staff with drafting NOFO development calendars, schedules, and summaries for FRA management’s decision-making that include the following:
- Summary of the Grant Program
- Legislative History
- Statutory Requirements
- Eligible Recipients
- Eligible Projects
- Selection Considerations
- NOFO Issues
- Schedule and facilitate kick-off meeting with FRA federal grant program team to review NOFO development schedule and initiate development of the NOFO.
- Schedule and facilitate draft NOFO review meetings with the FRA federal grant program team and edit draft NOFO in real time as team members concur and agree to content changes
- Revise NOFO as required and prepare Grant Program Action Memorandum for FRA federal grant program team review.
- Track NOFO’s status in DOT’s correspondence system and report back to FRA federal grant program team
- Draft and vet web content that announces NOFO’s release with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- Assist with developing grant applicant training; work with RPD strategic communications team and other support personnel/contractors to email potential grant applicants and post webinar registration information online; facilitate webinar preparation/dry runs; and conduct webinars.
- Conduct intake of grant applications by developing an Excel spreadsheet that identifies key data fields from applications, pull said data from applications and enter into spreadsheet, and verify data integrity with FRA federal staff.
- Conduct data validation by using GIS, Satellite Imagery, and application information to determine exact project location for applicants; verify program preferences such as Rural and Opportunity Zone status of applicants using U.S. government sources as required by FRA federal staff.
- Summarize and visualize data compiled by creating visual aids and data summaries for use by FRA federal staff, including the use of Tableau to create dynamic visualizations using applicant data. Combine visuals from grant applications with new, contractor-created maps and charts to ensure reviewers understand the context of each application.
- Prepare summary of eligibility review results.
- Assist with developing and emailing the Evaluation Guidebook, Grant Overview/Training PowerPoint presentation, and Evaluation Templates to FRA federal review panel members.
- Conduct first review cycle of applicants’ Benefit Cost Analyses (BCAs) to:
- Identify general information about the claims the applicant makes in the BC
- Validate any key assumptions and inputs the applicant makes based on U.S . DOT Guidance
- Verify that claims made in the BCA follow logically and mathematically from assumptions
- Complete BCA Review template with descriptions of the above information
- Combine results of Environmental Readiness, Technical Merit, Project Benefit, and BCA reviews (Panel Reviews) as required by FRA federal staff to ensure each application's review data is accessible.
- Develop briefing materials (such as PowerPoints, Tableau dashboards, maps, and briefing papers) summarizing evaluation results to support FRA federal staff in meetings with Administration and Departmental level leaders and decision makers.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Bachelor Degree
- Shall possess at least two (2) years of demonstrated experience in the capability areas below:
- Data analytics and visualization
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator), Excel, Tableau, and PowerPoint
- Benefit-cost analysis (BCA) theory and application
- Using webinar platforms such as Adobe Connect to conduct/host webinars