The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking a Journeyman Business and Financial Operations Specialist (Exec Support)
to support the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate Office of Finance and Budget Division (FBD).
POSITION: Journeyman Business and Financial Operations Specialist (Exec Support)
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
- Maintain an active records inventory list for the six branches of the Finance and Budget division.
- Provide yearly records management training to the division.
- Document and update file plans and dispositions on the inventory list based on GSA/DHS records schedules.
- Submit monthly records requests and correspondence to branch chiefs and records liaison’s.
- Maintain a Monthly Records Report Accountability Workbook, a master records workbook, and monitor the RM records folders on the CFO share drive to account for newly created and received records on a monthly basis.
- Update and save all records to an external hard drive, IronKey and p-drive on a weekly basis to reduce risk of loss of data.
- Ensure record-keeping processes comply with NARA, GSA, and DHS standards and procedures.
- Alert all contracting staff of annual online records management training course requirements.
- Maintain an RM certificate workbook and share drive folder to track the 50+ FBD contractor’s yearly online RM course certifications to ensure completion and RM compliance.
- Organize and provide annual Records Management presentations and trainings to all FBD staff to ensure and increase staff knowledge of Records Management laws, policies, directives, and best practices.
- Provide one-on-one records management training and information sessions with staff on an as needed basis.
- Share RM knowledge on best record-keeping practices and approaches with other divisions of the Science and Technology Directorate.
- Maintain communication with the S&T Records Officer and the DHS Records Officer to ensure the Finance and Budget Division is aware of any changes in RM policy or requirements.
- Attend all monthly S&T RM meetings and information sessions.
- Work as personal property liaison between FBD and the OCIO Personal Property team to account for SciTech personal property disseminated to all FBD staff.
- Ensure the accountability of newly disseminated and actively maintained personal property to FBD end users to help mitigate loss and destruction of S&T assets.
- Communicate with the S&T Personal Property Officer to ensure all FBD personal property is properly accounted for.
- Request, receive, rename, and upload images of personal property to SAMS (Sunflower Asset Management System) to provide visuals of distributed personal property.
- Utilize SAMS, a Personal Property workbook, and a digital filing system to aid in documenting the transferal cycle of personal property from OCIO to FBD to End User and the reverse.
- Submit and reclaim signed SF560-3 Property Receipts to document authority and accountability during the property transferal process.
- Upload SF560-3’s and images of personal property to SAMS to account for property transferals in the system.
- Inventory and reconcile personal property within FBD offices via scanner and SAMS, when necessary.
- Remain aware of changes in staff to ensure all personal property is accounted for.
- Attend all S&T Personal Property meetings and information sessions.
- Must complete the 4 modules of the records management training within 30 days of onboarding and must complete mandatory training on records management.
- Comply with DHS overall records management guidance on electronics records management.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- 3-10 years experience in records management.