The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking a Journeyman Business and Financial Operations Specialist
to support the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate Office of Finance and Budget Division (FBD). This position will provide support to the Federal Conference POC who serves as a single point of contact for all S&T divisions for conference policies and processes, planning, approval, and data capture and analysis.
POSITION: Journeyman Business and Financial Operations Specialist (Conference Management Support)
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
- Assist S&T with implementing the federal regulations on conferences at S&T.
- Assist S&T with implementing Department conference approval process at S&T, including reviewing the process to identify areas for streamlining and efficiency into our application of the process.
- Draft communications for distribution by FBD Conference POC on conference processes and procedures, approvals, polices, etc.
- Conduct market research on conference venues, costs, a/v capabilities etc.
- Identify and document possible cost reductions.
- Convey DHS conference policies and procedures to S&T offices and follow DHS guidance for all conference, workshops, and reviews.
- Draft conference approval process forms, and conference estimates.
- Assist S&T offices in attending all necessary conference approvals, as per DHS Conference Approval policy.
- Liaise with Financial Analyst and Financial Officers to help answer funding questions, tracker PR approval process, and identify conference funding execution figures.
- Develop process, tools, and system to capture estimated conference costs.
- Analyze data monthly, quarterly, and annually to identify trends and optimize conference efficiencies and cost savings.
- Assist with preparation of response to internal and external data calls related to S&T conference activity.
- Conduct and provide ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Develop process, tools and system to manage conference records.
- Ensure conference files and records are current and well organized.
- Ensure records are disposed of in accordance with established polices and guidelines.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- 3 to 10 years of relevant experience in preparing conference packages.