The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking a Journeyman Business and Financial Operations Specialist (Travel Management)
to support the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate Office of Finance and Budget Division (FBD) by developing, implementing, and managing travel processes and several integrated and non-integrated systems used by federal and non-federal travelers for both domestic and international travel in compliance with the Federal Travel Regulations (FTR), departmental polices and S&T processes and procedures.
POSITION: Journeyman Business and Financial Operations Specialist (Travel Management)
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
- Support the configuration, testing, and change management related to the travel and other integrated systems development and implementation.
- Develop and update travel and other financial business practices for integration into standard operating procedures, written policies, and online travel portal.
- Work with functional specialists, automation specialists, contractors, vendors to effectively translate process requirements into an automated application.
- Provide support to system end users through conduct of research, data analyses, issues analyses and recommends solutions to potential problems.
- Support the implementation of internal controls as it relates to travel program system administration and end user support.
- Use automated databases such as the Execution Performance and Invoice Consolidation (EPIC) and online travel management systems as a system administrator to produce internal and external reports and conduct analysis of travel activities and other program expenditures (i.e. training purchase orders).
- Gathers documentation/records to support responses to data calls and audit requests from the agency and external regulatory bodies (i.e. General Accountability Office).
- Provide assistance in preparing reports, issuing papers and correspondence pertaining to financial management of S&T travel program.
- Supports training and outreach efforts resulting from the re-engineering, development and implementation of new processes, procedures and systems as necessary for employees for both domestic and international travel.
- Perform quality control and ensures compliance with Federal Travel Regulations (FTR) and departmental policy for all travel authorizations and expense reports.
- Enters accurate travel data in various financial and subsidiary systems, reconciles accounting and transaction data.
- Process documentation to re-allocate funds to correct imbalances and to deploy funds to meet changes in programs.
- Submit data for specific items of external monthly reports on program budget execution for review and final submission.
- Convey program guidance to stakeholders to ensure compliance to financial policies and procedures.
- Serve as the travel liaison for S&T travel program stakeholders.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- 3 to 10 years of relevant experience in Travel Management.