The Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a Technical Writer II to support our client at Annapolis Junction, MD
TS/SCI with polygraph Required
Key Management Infrastructure (KMI) Program is responsible for the development and deployment of key management capabilities that provide a key management architecture to enable security, automated cryptographic key ordering and delivery and providing acquisition and development support to the Key Management Infrastructure (KMI) Program Management Office (PMO). The Electronic Key Management System (EKMS) is part of the key management legacy infrastructure and some EKMS functionality will be transitioned into KMI. Initial tasking will be to assist the KMI Program Management Organization (PMO) Engineering Team with the development of written requirements packages that outline the technical requirements for transitioning Tier 1 (operated by the US DoD Military Services) functionality into KMI. Other tasking will be to help document new transformational capabilities for KMI, and support the PMO with risk reduction activities as they work towards Milestone B, release of the KMI CI-3 RFP, and contract award.
Desired: Experience with using MS Power Point and/or Visio to develop technical graphs, flow charts, or other visual aids. Experience with MS Project.
TW II shall possess the following capabilities:
- Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents
- Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Gather technical information, prepares written text
- Maintain a current internal documentation library
- Uses multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
- Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Prepare and maintain operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
- Work with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials
- Coordinate layout and design of documents
- Work on all phases of documentation
- Under general direction, write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Apply concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources
- Produce defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD electronic equipment and systems
- Interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information
- Research highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiples sources, and express technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers
- Produce technical documentation for Cryptologic programs or projects developing analytic tradecraft methodologies
- Apply technical DoD manual standard to work products
Six (6) years’ experience as a Technical Writer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Four (4) years of additional technical writing experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.