has an opening for a Software Engineer to support the Navy 5G Smart Warehouse Prototype at the Naval Supply Base San Diego. KTG will design and develop the 5G Testbed prototype in Annapolis Junction, MD, then deliver the Testbed to enhance 5G operations at Naval Supply Base San Diego.The objectives of this effort are to 1) increase the efficiency and fidelity of Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP) Fleet Logistics Center San Diego (FLCSD) logistic operations, including the identification, recording, organization, storage, retrieval, and transportation of materiel and supplies and 2) Create a proving ground for testing, refining, and validating emerging 5G (NR) enabled technologies.
Software Engineer Level 4
Annapolis Junction, MD
This Opportunity is in BID status. Estimated award and start of contract is 4th Quarter 2020.
- Obtain Government team approval for and deliver Software Version Documents (SVD) for each test and production delivered software release
- Deliver all software, source code, firmware, and scripts developed for the project
- Document and use open, defined, industry accepted, standards-based interfaces and support integration of hardware and software with third party hardware and software
- Employ defense in depth principles throughout the system
- Provide the capability to perform web-based reviews of all analyses through the Integrated Model Environment (IME)
- Support development of metrics to be used to define performance of the system
- Produce system Concept of Operations (CONOPS) for an automated warehouse to include, but not limited to, workflows for warehouse operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Produce and execute an experimentation plan that allows for formal and informal experimentation to characterize system/component performance, explore multiple configurations, introduce threats, identify corner cases, and identify abuse cases, vulnerabilities, and limitations of the prototype
- Deliver all software, hardware, infrastructure, and documentation at final phase completion phase
- Conduct installation, integration, verification, and validation of the systems
- Implement a flexible system test schedule of approximately two weeks in duration per test
- Provide final phase design specifications, system operational information and test results of the demonstrated system to the Government team for review
- Conduct a code review of developed software and submit software products to the government
REQUIRED EDUCATION & YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Experience developing, maintaining, and enhancing complex an diverse software systems (specifically, 4G/5G) based on documented requirements
- Experience reviewing and testing software components for adherence to design requirements and documenting test results
- Ability to analyze and resolve software problem reports
- Knowledge of software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment
- Works well individually or as part of a team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required
- Eight to ten (8-10) years experience as a Software Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.