The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking an Air Traffic Controller familiar with Unmanned Ariel System (UAS) to assist the government with development and coordination of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Certificates of Waiver or Authorization (COAs) which are required to operate unmanned systems within the National Airspace System (NAS) for USSOCOM components and USAF units.
ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Minimum of four years’ experience in DoD or FAA air traffic control and/or airspace management
- Experience using the FAA COA Application Processing System (CAPS) or its equivalent
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and procedures relating to air traffic, control towers, and radar approach control facilities is highly desired
- Knowledge of aviation safety procedures relating to air traffic control is highly desired
- Knowledge of operational capabilities and limitations of DoD UAS Groups 1 –5 from an air traffic control perspective is highly desired
- Apply previous operational experience and operational best practices to coordinate, educate, and assist UAS operators, planners, and augmentees with development and codifying the following airspace control measures IAW Joint Publication 3-52:
- Restricted Operating Areas/Zones
- Blanket altitudes
- Employment methodology
- Transit corridor requirements (altitudes, dimensions and time)
- Emerging air traffic control technologies and capabilities
- Provide subject matter expertise and previous experience to assist in developing, coordinating, and/or advising various USAF, SOCOM and its components staffs on general planning considerations for peacetime and/or contingency UAS employment in the following categories:
- Airspace control plan, airspace defense plan, and SPINS
- Host Nation Air Traffic Control integration
- Time sensitive/critical targeting
- UAS C2 requirements, IFF, Blue Force Tracking, etc.
- Lost Communication and lost link procedures
- Letters of Agreement, Memorandums of Agreement or Concepts of Operations
- Provide subject matter expertise and previous experience to analyze, evaluate and provide recommended solutions for integrating USAF and SOCOM UAS within a Combined/Joint Air Operations Center.
- Support quarterly exercise development to help ensure realistic scenarios for conventional USAF and SOF specific UAS employment.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!