This Opportunity is in BID status. Estimated award and start of contract is 3rd Quarter 2020
POSITION: Lead Security Support Specialist
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: May require ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: AA/AS w 10 years (NA w 20 years)
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: 10 years
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking a Lead Security Support Specialist to support the Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction Office (CWMD) component within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) focused on providing day-to-day office administrative support services.
Position require may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Support development and drafting of CWMD security standard operating procedures (SOPs) including:
- SCI development and operations
- Collateral development and operations
- Provide document control and accountability of classified information.
- Draft procedural guidance to support classification management marking guides.
- Develop and deliver training for CWMD personnel for training topics such as:
- Annual Security Awareness Training to CWMD employees and contractors (all security staff)
- Derivative Classification Training
- Sensitive Compartmented Information Training
- Operational Security (OPSEC)
- New Hire onboarding
- Manage the foreign travel country clearance and Official Passport program.
- Passing of CWMD staff clearance as part of foreign visits
- Coordinate foreign travel with the Department of State
- Coordinate with the DHS building guard force for regular and special events and building emergencies.
- Maintain the CWMD OPSEC program.
- Provide security briefings/orientation for all staff including Senior Staff and incoming employees.
- Maintain Access Control for CWMD spaces.
- Manage the incoming foreign visitor program for CWMD.
- Serve as primary custodian of all security systems associated hardware, card readers, cameras, duress alarms, sensors, metal detectors, locks, x-ray equipment, key control equipment, and communications equipment within CWMD spaces.
- Coordinate with DHS Physical Security Section for installation and maintenance security hardware.
- Conduct tests of collateral area hardware (alarm systems/safes/swipe access) to ensure proper function to ensure compliance with DHS policy and guidance.
- Track repair and maintenance work orders for compliance with DHS policy and guidance.
- Submit visit authorization requests letters (collateral) to other agencies/companies for CWMD employees.
- Receive and post visit request letters from other agencies for individuals visiting CWMD.
- Track foreign visitors and ensure their information is posted to ISMS (collateral) and provided to FAMS and CI.
- Prepare and submit DOE Q clearance requests.
- Maintain security related personnel records and track suspense items in accordance with DHS policies and regulations.
- Support OCSO PSD to manage the CWMD new hire requests and process documents.
- Coordinate and conduct program-wide assessments of collateral programs relative to Industrial Security requirements.
- Identify classified, collateral contracts by reviewing all contracts issued by DHS CWMD or its agents.
- Assist the technical staff on preparing a DD 254 and coordinate with the Industrial Security Program Branch for the issuance of DD 254s as required.
- Provide guidance to program managers and contractors on how to process a National Interest Determination for companies doing classified work for CWMD and have foreign ownership issues.
- Assist the CWMD staff in developing and updating a Security Classification Guide.
- Prepare and present security briefings concerning Industrial Security and the development of all industrial security procedures.