POSITION: Senior Systems Engineer (HPC Storage)
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying)
The incumbent Systems Engineer (SE) shall be responsible for producing deliverables in support of the HPC Computing Solutions, focusing on enterprise SE.
Additionally, the SE shall provide engineering services that demonstrate a diverse background and significant experience within the SIGINT community and knowledge of mission applications and workflows. The SE shall satisfy organizational requirements in support of the architecture, engineering, integration, and work planning activities across the portfolio.
REQUIRED INDIVIDUAL CAPABILITIES:
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus at least twenty (20) years of Systems Engineering experience OR
- A Master’s degree in a qualified Engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of general systems engineering experience OR
- A High School Diploma or GED plus twenty four (24) years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable in lieu of degree.
PREFERRED INDIVIDUAL CAPABILITIES (desired but not mandatory):
- Understanding of application I/O and how to optimize
- Kernel tuning, operating system debugging/tracing expertise, and network tuning expertise
- Ability to context switch between a broad spectrum of tasks with the ability to go deeply into a problem area
- Automation expertise (SALT, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Strong scripting/programming background – C, Perl, Bourne Shell/ Bash, Python
- Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Experience with IC industry and customer, including mission domain experience in high performance computing and cryptanalysis.
- Seven (7) or more years of experience as a lead systems engineer on complex or large software development projects.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.