POSITION: Technical Writer - Level I
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying)
We have an immediate, full-time opening for a technical writing position supporting the Research Directorate's R09. The Technical Writer shall be responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. Write and edits technical documentation for all of the project's hardware and software to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation. Creates code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university
- Two (2) years of experience as a Technical Writer in programs and contracts of similar scope (experience in a research environment is a big plus).
- One (1) year of experience with production procedures used in publication manuals.
- One (1) year of experience with desktop publishing systems to prepare technical manual articles and manuscripts.
- In lieu of an Associates Degree, two (2) years of additional Technical Writing experience may be substituted for an Associates Degree, for a total of four (4) years of overall experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS (desired, but not mandatory):
- Interacting with researchers to gain an understanding of their work and then write Compass and other articles describing the work to a broader audience
- Assist with reviewing/editing other publications
- Assist with conference preparation and presentation polishing/review.
- Demonstrated experience in a research environment.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.