MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus a minimum of fifteen (15) years of systems engineering experience OR
- A Master’s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field from an accredited college or university plus thirteen (13) years of systems engineering experience OR
- A High School Diploma or GED plus nineteen (19) years of general system engineering experience would also be acceptable.
REQUIRED INDIVIDUAL SKILLS & CAPABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
- A broad experience in systems engineering disciplines, to include stakeholder requirements definition and analysis, fit gap analysis, implementation, integration, verification, transition, validation, project planning, project assessment and control, decision, risk, configuration and quality management.
- Self-starter and independent, with high attention to detail. The successful candidate needs to be a “big picture” person who can see where and how each task fits into the overall concept and strategic objectives.
- Must be able to thrive on a high visibility effort in a highly dynamic team environment, working in potentially large group settings. Must be comfortable in actively participating and, as such, must have excellent communication skills and have demonstrated experience in cross-program/cross-organization integration; ability to work constructively and successfully with diverse stakeholders to resolve mission and technical issues is critical.