POSITION: Research Engineer - Level II
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying)
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is looking for a Research Engineer to join a dynamic team on a long-term, classified contract in the Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade area! The incumbent Research Engineer will be responsible for conducting technology research to evaluate vulnerabilities in cyberspace systems. Detect, identify, and describe vulnerabilities in a system, network, component, or process. This Research Engineer will also be responsible for conducting software and systems engineering and software systems development in order to meet required capabilities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree in, preferably, at IT-related field from an accredited college or university plus four (4) years of experience in technology research to include: evaluating potential vulnerabilities in cyberspace systems, network and vulnerability analysis).
- In lieu of a degree, eight (8) years of experience in technology research will be acceptable.
The candidate must hold an active certification which meets the DoD 8570-M, IAT Level I, such as:
- A+ certification
- CCNA-Security (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
- SSCP (System Security Certified Practitioner)
REQUIRED INDIVIDUAL CAPABILITIES:
- Communicate identified defects in developed hardware or software.
- Provide technical expertise regarding custom developed hardware or software.
- Research technology (technical manuals, schematics, vendor specifications, standards, etc.) to understand capabilities and/or vulnerabilities of a system or computer network.
- Translate functional hardware or software tool requirements into technical requirements.
- Evaluate the results of software and hardware tests.
- Analyze operational architecture, tools, and procedures for ways to improve performance.
- Ability to create, manage, tear down, install and troubleshoot Virtual Machines to include: VM support equipment (hardware), VM centers (clusters), virtual servers, and in-depth knowledge of VM tools.
- The successful Research Engineer shall have two (2) plus years' experience working with IA products and/or Key Management Products and Solutions.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.