- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Statistics, Engineering Management or a related discipline from an accredited college or university plus at least eight (8) years of experience as a Test Engineer OR
- A Master’s degree in one of the above listed qualified engineering fields or a related discipline from an accredited college or university can substitute for two (2) years of experience, for a total of six (6) years of test engineering experience OR
- In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, a High School Diploma or GED plus twelve (12) years of test engineering experience would also be acceptable.
REQUIRED INDIVIDUAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
A successful candidate should have experience in some or all of the following activities:
- Analyze system requirements, concept of operations, acquisition plan, and system descriptions to develop evaluation and test plans and procedures, prepare for and conduct the data collection and analysis, and report results.
- Experience performing or managing testing and integration of software-intensive programming that encompasses system architecture, requirements analysis, process development and evaluation, and standards.
- Support the development of Test & Evaluation (T&E) Strategy, T&E Master Plan, Event Test Plans, Test Readiness Assessments, and T&E Reports.
- Work with other test organizations to support T&E program integration.
- Plan and Execute Performance Analysis.
- Assess operational and system performance requirements for testability and criticality to frame and prioritize E&E objectives and enable evaluation planning.
- Coordinate with program Systems Engineering and review T&E-related SE information to leverage functional analysis, system descriptions, parameter selection and dependencies, Modeling & Simulation, and initial performance risk assessments to inform evaluation planning.
- Select, develop, and use analysis tools.
- Participate in the T&E Working-level Integrated Product Team (WIPT) and/or Integrated Test Team for coordination of evaluation plans, data collection plans, and T&E activities.
- Execute the evaluation plan on data collected by the Testing Tasks.
- Produce Evaluation Plans (metric framework, scenarios/threads, timelines, requirements/T&E cross-walk), Analysis Plans, Data Requirements, Risk Assessments, Evaluation Reports, Status reports; provide input to Government T&E products (e.g., Technology Readiness Assessments, Test & Evaluation Strategy, Test & Evaluation Master Plan, T&E Plans & Procedures and Test Readiness Reports)
- Establish and employ data & Configuration Management capabilities.
- Produce associated Test Plans, Procedures, and Reports/Briefings, Data Management Plan.
To be considered for this position, a candidate must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Experience with test planning and implementation for complex software engineering programs.
- Experience with automated test tools, integrated testing, and continuous testing.
- Able to work with supported organizations and test teams to review/improve test planning and execution.
PREFERRED INDIVIDUAL SKILLS (candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration):
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to comfortably interact with all levels of organizational management, be willing to operate in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision, and possess strong interpersonal, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Technical and people skills necessary to collaborate with customers, subject matter experts, and senior technical and programmatic leadership.