POSITION: User Experience Design Engineer - Level I
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying)
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking a User Experience Design Engineer/Usability Human Factors Engineer to support the software development team who will develop and sustain integrated, feature-rich capabilities that promote modernization of visualization and presentation tools. The software development team will provide application development and support to tools that allow mission analytic users to view existing data or contribute new information in a collaborative environment.
This Usability Human Factors Engineer will integrate Human Factors and User Experience Design (UX) into the planning and execution components. Industry-standard UX methods and principles shall be applied during requirements elicitation, analysis, design, development, test, and evaluation of systems, as applicable, to effectively integrate humans into the design of the system. Creation of wire frames and other visual representations to demonstrate the usability, accessibility, flow, and interaction between the user and the product. Experience with usability analysis and engineering, user-centered design and development, and usability test and evaluation.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in cognitive and/or experimental psychology, human factors engineering, or an engineering related field (e.g. systems engineering, software engineering, business process engineering) from an accredited college or university.
- At least seven (7) years of experience in this or a related field and have familiarity with task analyses, user interface design, and usability testing.
- In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional four (4) years of related experience on projects with similar processes may be substituted, for a combined total of eleven (11) years' experience.
- Direct, conduct usability testing and work closely with product designers and process engineers developing applications.
- Designing and developing user surveys to obtain user feedback.
- Write or review unclassified software and system documentation.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas.
- Modify existing unclassified software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Design, develop and modify unclassified software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.