POSITION: Software Engineer - Level II
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying); No CCAs accepted
The incumbent Software Engineer (SWE) shall develop, test, deploy, and maintain corporate databases in support of essential systems. The Software Engineer will apply database expertise to engineer new capabilities, to enhance existing capabilities, and to maximize processing on the available architecture. The Software Engineer will play a critical role in supporting synchronized instances of the corporate repositories. The Software Engineer needs to have technical expertise and highly effective people skills to achieve these goals.
The Software Engineer will support the acceleration of processing workflow development utilizing modern DevOps tools and environments. The Software Engineer will adapt processing software to implement new policy requirements, to run properly under different platforms, and to utilize modern programming languages. The Software Engineer will support efforts on new classification requirements and/or architectural modernization. The Software Engineer needs to have technical expertise and highly effective people skills to achieve these goals.
The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Required Individual Qualifications:
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modifies existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and corrects defects
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Oversees one or more software development teams and ensures the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
Required Technical Skills:
- Fourteen (14) years' experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or another related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- In lieu of a degree, four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree, for a total of eighteen (18) years of experience.
- Experience with DevOps tools and environments (potentially GitLab and Jenkins)
- Familiarity with DevOps principles such as continuous integration and continuous development
- Python, Perl and C, C++
- Familiarity with Atlassian collaboration suite
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.