MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university, plus a minimum of six (6) years' experience in technical writing OR
- In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional four (4) years of technical writing experience may be substituted, for a combined total of ten (10) years of experience (no degree).
REQUIRED INDIVIDUAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding of basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), ability to be responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents
- Experience t in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Ability to gather technical information, prepares written text
- Ability to maintain a current internal documentation library
- Skilled in use of multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
- Must understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
DESIRED / PREFERRED INDIVIDUAL CAPABILITIES:
- Must be a self-starter capable of working tasks to completion without direct immediate oversight