The incumbent SE (Systems Engineer) shall be responsible for developing architectural artifacts to document both 'as is' and 'to be' architectures. Interact with various service providers, program managers, technical development staff, and other organizational system and data architects independently to generate high-quality, UAF compliant artifacts in a new organization that is in the process of standing up. Perform with little or no guidance, interacting with teammates as required, to capture and document the enterprise system, and to demonstrate the impacts of suggested changes to the cybersecurity data architecture as well as highlighting changes and impacts to engineering requirements, capabilities and functions. Propose changes necessary to capture and access data from across the organization’s enterprise that enable corporate acquisition and decision-making processes, with emphasis on operational decisions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus at least twenty (20) years of Systems Engineering experience OR
- A Master’s degree in a qualified Engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of general systems engineering experience OR
- A High School Diploma or GED plus twenty four (24) years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable in lieu of degree.
REQUIRED INDIVIDUAL CAPABILITIES & EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated and documented recent significant evidence of DoDAF and/or UAF based architecture artifacts.
- Recent architectural tool use. CAMEO preferred but System Architect or CORE will be considered.
- Demonstrated enterprise architecture development experience, particularly in the areas of data architecting and data engineering. Experience developing architectural artifacts from approved requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to comfortably interact with all levels of organization management while operating in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and track multiple activities in a fast-paced environment.
PREFERRED INDIVIDUAL CAPABILITIES (desired but not mandatory):
- Recent experience supporting program roll-out messaging and communications on the importance of the architecture product line.
- Cyber domain experience.
- Ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical audiences.
- Experience with reference architecture design and mapping.
- INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional certification.