POSITION: Systems Administrator I (Help Desk)
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH (minimum of a CI Poly, FSP preferred)
The incumbent Systems Administrator shall support the Government’s Enterprise Systems Engineering & Architecture organization in the development, integration, and analysis of the Enterprise Architecture & Standards.
This position provides support for:
- Implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems.
- Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems.
- Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices.
- Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
- Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process.
- Configures and manages Linux and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university, plus at least five (5) years of Systems Administration experience OR
- In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional five (5) years of experience may be substituted, for a combined total of ten (10) years of experience.
REQUIRED INDIVIDUAL TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE:
- Experience providing integration, implementation and maintenance of COTS/OSS products/tools.
- Experience providing system administration and Tier 1 Help Desk Support within a Windows and Linux environment.
- Experience providing configuration management server administration support.
- Experience providing engineering solutions for server build outs within Windows and Linux environments.
- Understanding of backup and recovery support.
- Ability to provide innovative implementation recommendations and solutions.
- Ability to identify risks and mitigations throughout systems life cycle phases.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and propose engineering standards, processes and procedures for an integration project/requirement.
- Ability to identify, create, and report on performance monitoring metrics on integrated COTS tools.
- Ability to lead integration efforts into an enterprise environment.
- Ability to identify the need for additional resources (servers/people).
- Ability to provide technical integrity, quality and completeness of work associated with deliverables, processes, etc.
- Must meet DoD Directive 8570 IAM Level 1 requirements (i.e.Security+, Security+ CE, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, SSCP or CCNA Security certification)
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.