POSITION: Systems Engineer (Semantic Data Modeler)
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH (minimum of a CI poly, FSP preferred)
Assists mission organizations and data architecture teams in developing logical and conceptual data models that are crafted using a local model methodology. This methodology guides the creation of supporting UML class diagrams. These UML based models will be the source for mission physical models and associated exchange formats.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzing customer requirements in order to produce and maintain artifacts such as Logical Data Models (LDM), Data Element Dictionaries (DED), model release documentation, and data mappings.
- Representing business and mission concepts, their definitions, properties, and relationships via modeling.
- Collaborating with data modelers within the organization and from other organizations to develop data models of common concern.
- Aligning domain models and mission models with each other and with enterprise models.
- Coordinating, meeting, and holding technical peer reviews with subject matter experts and stakeholders to discuss modeling requirements and perform model validation.
- Producing models to support the mapping of data in legacy data formats and data stores to modern formats and enterprise data stores.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or other related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus a minimum of fifteen (15) years of systems engineering experience OR
- A Master’s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field from an accredited college or university plus thirteen (13) years of systems engineering experience OR a PhD in a Qualified Engineering Field from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of systems engineering experience OR
- A High School Diploma or GED plus nineteen (19) years of general system engineering experience would also be acceptable.
REQUIRED INDIVIDUAL CAPABILITIES:
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience using CASE tools for model development to include either proprietary tools (ERWin, ERStudio, PowerDesigner) or FOSS tools (ArgoUML).
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work with a wide variety of customers.
- Willing to learn new technologies and maintain and develop technical currency
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.