POSITION: Systems Analyst - Level II
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying)
TASKS, DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for performing various system and test engineering activities in support of the Key Management Infrastructure (KMI) Development. Primary duties include integration and system testing of incremental software releases, capturing defects, root cause analysis of defects, and development of test plans and procedures for system level test and evaluation. As part of testing incremental releases, candidate will maintain multiple test environments (virtual and physical) and test configurations depending on the target system for deployment (e.g. different version of Java or COTS Application versions). Work with Developers to create automated and manual test procedures using soapUI Pro (an open source web services testing tool). Assist the PSN Database team with upgrading Oracle and MongoDB, testing database patches, and analyzing the effect of database transactions on file system utilization and system performance. Below is a list of tasks completed over the last several months as examples of the type of work that will be performed:
- Test incremental and full software releases, verify resolution of defects, develop test plans, and complete test reports.
- Test specific changes at the component level (specific JAR files).
- Test system after installation of IAVAs and COTS software updates (e.g. Oracle).
- Test system after installation of new COTS application versions (e.g. MongoDB, Oracle, OAG, etc.).
- Perform negative testing of system components to verify security requirements.
- Perform one-off ad-hoc tests (e.g. Realtime Rekey, XPath Nodes, Universal Public Components, etc.).
- Develop new test cases as new capabilities are added or existing functionality is changed.
- Develop Bash script that updates the value of specified properties in multiple configuration files.
- Develop Bash script for OAG that automates deployment of the OAG Federated files.
- Identify types of performance tests that can be implemented using soapUI.
- Identify and test configuration options for COTS applications (e.g. Mango Journaling options).
- Identify options for managing file system space allocated to logical volumes used by Oracle.
- Use yum to create/configure software Repos and semi-automate the updating of software packages.
- Troubleshoot NoClassDefFound and ClassNotFoundException JAR file errors.
- Troubleshoot JAR files compiled using the wrong Java version.
- Troubleshoot custom code, Mongo and Oracle errors.
- Upgrade PHP MongoDB Driver used to interface the CMDB Dashboard with MongoDB and document upgrade process.
- Install and configure the OAG XML Gateway application, and document the entire process including how to update the WSDL Definition and Runtime Dependencies.
- Generate new P12 Keystores for use with the soapUI test harness.
- Generate new versions of the .fed files (OAG) after WSDL updates and Filter/Policy updates.
- Build or Upgrade Test VMs with the operating system, Java and COTS applications pre-configured and ready for installation of custom software
REQUIRED INDIVIDUAL SKILLS:
- Analyze, design, program and maintain information systems and peripherals.
- Install computer equipment, related peripherals, and software.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- Analyze data and develop logical solutions to complex computer applications problems.
- Make recommendations in information system selection and software applications packages.
- Instruct and train staff in information system operations.
- Operate office equipment including computers and supporting word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Provide leadership and coordination on projects assigned to systems analysis.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information System Management, Engineering Management or Computer Programming from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of ten (10) years' experience in systems analysis and/or programming required with project management and leadership.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.