Kenjya-Trusant is seeking an Office Management Specialist (OMS) to support the public diplomacy function of the Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs by providing administrative support and guidance to WHA/PDA staff and visitors.
Clearance Requirement - SECRET **Must be active at time of application
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Arrange meetings with individuals and organizations on behalf of the Director, Deputy Director, and other officers.
- Utilize Reserve!t, the Department of State’s conference room system, to reserve meeting rooms.
- Use the Visitor Control Access System and work with Diplomatic Security to pre-clear and escort visitors.
- Organize and manage the appointment calendars for the Director, Deputy Director, and other officers as requested.
- Serves as office expert on the Department of State’s Web.TATEL (time and attendance software). Responsible for preparing and submitting staff attendance into TATEL. Explain to office how to correctly code their timesheet when special circumstances occur.
- Assist senior officers with the planning and logistics for conferences, meetings, and special events organized by WHA/PDA.
- Conduct research and compile data for senior officials to prepare documents or to make decisions.
- Assist officers in obtaining data from the Mission Tracking Activity (MAT) database to prepare reports and the monthly newsletter.
- Serves as back-up travel arranger. Assist with travel arrangements for domestic and overseas trips. Must actively use E2 Solutions software and ensure compliance with the Department of State’s travel regulations.
- Prepare documents to request diplomatic passports for travelers. Obtain visas for travelers in a timely manner through the Passport Office or hand-carried to foreign embassies.
- Prepares e-Country Clearance requests for travelers.
- Represent WHA/PDA periodically at meetings that impact the office and report relevant information to office leadership.
- Communicate regularly with staff to provide clear instructions on pertinent information to help the office to function as a unit.
- Organize and manage the office-wide events calendar on Sharepoint and the office leave calendar to ensure staff members record their absences and designate back-up officers.
- Maintain overseas staff directory and emergency contacts on Sharepoint; and update the office’s electronic address collectives. Work closely with the desk officers and posts for timely updates.
- Serves as the office in-processor for all new staff and interns. Prepare log-on requests and security badge requests. Introduce newcomers to WHA Executive Office (WHA/EX) HR personnel. Provide welcome kits.
- Inventory office IT equipment procured by office and order supplies.
- Enter purchase card invoices in the Integrated Logistics Management System (ARIBA) for approval by the authorizing official.
- Serves as administrative liaison with WHA/EX; and submit work orders for office needs.
- Takes the lead on records management for the office and makes recommendation for maintaining archives.
- Pick up and distribute WHA/PDA mail from the mailroom, the Front Office, and the Executive Office.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Expertise in Web.TATEL and working knowledge of time and attendance policies
- Expertise in establishing travel arrangements using the E2 system; including working knowledge of the Department of State’s travel policies
- Capability of research and able to use the Public Diplomacy Mission Activity Tracker (MAT) application
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with people
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Sharepoint
- Excellent time management skills
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.