POSITION: Lead Software Engineer
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying)
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is looking for a Principal Senior Software Engineer who will have the ability to perform as the Senior Team Leader! This is an opportunity to be innovative and to lead in an exciting technology area.
- Primary skills: Develop software with Java, Python/Django, PHP. Candidate should have strong understanding of networking under Linux.
- Secondary skills: Perl, Splunk, MongoDB, REST, JSON; experience with routers and switches; connecting to, querying, and programming network devices.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- High School diploma plus fifteen (15) years of experience in software development technologies and methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field can be applied towards four (4) years of required experience, for a total of eleven (11) years of software development/engineering experience
- Master's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field, can be applied towards six (6) years of the required experience, for a total of nine (9) years of overall software development/engineering experience
- Performs software implementation tasks to include architecture development, application design and implementation, and integration testing as the senior software architect or senior team leader
- Primary role is to lead technical design of software systems across a variety of the missions as well as lead integration testing of developed software systems
- Assist the systems engineer in eliciting software requirements from system stakeholders
- Works with systems engineering team to review and validate system requirements, derives software requirements from system/subsystem requirements
- Formulates development standards and establishes software development processes
- Develops innovative software solutions to system technical problems
DESIRED/PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Fifteen (15) years experience in software development and maintenance (i.e., software requirements analysis and software design including object oriented analysis and design, coding, testing, documentation, configuration management, user training, deployment, and lifecycle maintenance)
- Documented formal training on the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) Capability Maturity Model Integration for Development (CMMI-DEV) model or documented experience working on projects that applied some portions of this model
- Documented formal training on DOD standards for software testing and documentation or documented experience working on projects that applied these standards
- Five (5) years documented experience in leading software development teams
- Designing and developing multi-tier Java web applications
- Developing and validating user and system requirements; writing design documents, test plans, and test results; and assessing architecture and current hardware limitations and recommending solutions
- Designing and developing software and/or multi-tier web applications using programming languages to include: Java/JAVA EE, Swing, Hibernate, Spring, Struts, JUnit, C, C++, C#, .NET, Java Script, ColdFusion, and Adobe Flex development tools
- Ability to develop and/or maintain software capabilities using C/C++ software development environment; Windows operating system internals, computer security, Win32 programming, Windows kernel programming, x86 assembly programming, COM programming, .NET programming, network programming (sockets), and software reverse engineering
- Knowledgeable in using SQL or PL/SQL to access Oracle, MySQL, or SQL Server databases
- Researching, selecting, and integrating software frameworks (e.g., Ozone Widgets, Spring, Hibernate, Struts, and JUnit)
- Ability to assist others in the use of Java APIs such as JDBC, JPA, and EJB
- Ability to apply advanced principles, theories and concepts, such as Object Relational Mapping (ORM), Dependency Injection (DI), and Domain Driven Design
- Ability to contribute to database design and to generate SQL queries and stored procedures
- Ability to apply earned value techniques to software development, test, and maintenance efforts
- Working knowledge of and ability to assist others in the use of software engineering tools to support process improvement to include ClearCase/ClearQuest, MS Project/Primavera, Subversion, Doors, Mecurial and Minitab
- Six (6) years experience in network analysis (data and protocols) and TCP/IP and UDP protocols
- Six (6) years experience malware analysis and mitigation techniques
- Experience working with Scrum or other agile software development processes
- Ability to utilize Eclipse, Microsoft Visual Studio, the Windows Driver Development Kit, IdaPro, Windbg, SoftIce, OllyDbg, VMWare, and Subversion to develop and maintain software capabilities
- Experience developing software capabilities with SOLR/Lucene, AJAX, JAXB, and JavaDB
- Working knowledge of and ability to implement IPv6 protocols
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.